News   Jun 25, 2024
 659     2 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 499     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 498     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Plenty that is abhorrent. And if there wasn't a housing and cost of living crisis, these would actually be issues. But people struggling to make rent/mortgage and/or put food on the table aren't likely to care.
That's just it - money talks for most people. Whatever hits them in the wallet is their priority. Anything else is window dressing.

That's just it - money talks for most people. Whatever hits them in the wallet is their priority. Anything else is window dressing.

I don't disagree.......but I would add

What matters typically, is 'angry voters'.

Whatever they're angry about. While it does happen, its relatively rare to have a politician or party defeat a reasonably popular incumbent, on the strength of their brilliant policy or personality.

What causes governments to fall is the straw that breaks the camel's back for enough switch voters.

When you get more than 10% of the total electorate,who are your electorate ticked off......they are motivated to remove you.......

That's not impossible to overcome, but its close....

Last edited:
Plenty that is abhorrent. And if there wasn't a housing and cost of living crisis, these would actually be issues. But people struggling to make rent/mortgage and/or put food on the table aren't likely to care.
People vote for fascists as long as housing and food are promised. Throw in some identity and culture wars and you’re all set.

People vote for fascists as long as housing and food are promised. Throw in some identity and culture wars and you’re all set.

Sadly true. The movement of the rust belt to the GOP in the US should have taught Canadian Liberals something. Sadly it didn't.

Perhaps neglecting the RCAF and overall CAF isn't such a good idea.

Imagine if Trudeau's aircraft failed inflight.
Not the first time, won't be the last. It only makes news when it impacts the PM. When you fly/drive/sail equipment that is older than you are, stuff happens.

I believe some of the replacement fleet are being bought from the used plane lot, so old, just not as old.

Edit - To be completely fair, every government has underfunding of the military on its hands.

Not the first time, won't be the last. It only makes news when it impacts the PM. When you fly/drive/sail equipment that is older than you are, stuff happens. I believe some of the replacement fleet are being bought from the used plane lot, so old, just not as old. Edit - To be completely fair, every government has underfunding of the military on its hands.
Why can’t Trudeau fly home on a commercial flight? First class on Air Canada or Air India should suffice.

We need an in-depth defence review. IMO, priorities should be RCN, RCAF and then the Army. The latter should be large enough to meet our NATO commitments, but not much more. But our coastline needs protection, and sea and air is the way to do it.

I wonder if Trudeau has been dipping into the caucus and staff room?

justin-trudeau-has-denied-affairs-1691777831.webp

I wonder if Trudeau has been dipping into the caucus and staff room?

justin-trudeau-has-denied-affairs-1691777831.webp

Two comments:

1) Unto itself, it doesn't matter. Public policy results matter.

2) Notwithstanding the above statement, I've already given a clear indication of my understanding of such things. (on which I would say, I'm fairly well informed; but not personally knowledgeable)

Housing is by far the largest cost differentiator in a 'then and now' and deciding whether to start or grow a family.
Agreed. And what I’d like to see the Federal government do….

1) Follow Bermuda’s example. In order to ensure there is housing for its people, in Bermuda no foreigners or foreign-owned corporations are allowed to own residential property. Even celebrities, like Oprah have tried to have the rules bent, but no. So in Canada, the rule would be, no one who is not a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident can own residential property or land. Announce this today, give three years notice so foreign investors can liquidate.

2) Foreign student Visas will not be issued unless housing outside of the housing stock used by non-student citizens and PRs has been arranged. The housing must be provided by the university, on-campus or otherwise not from the pool of rental housing used by the general population. If this means only rich foreign students who can afford on-campus living can come to Canada to study, that’s fine. It’s the universities that benefit from the high tuitions foreigners pay, so let the universities provide the housing.

3) House your refugees before you release them into Canadian society. It’s a big country, expedite refugee claimant applications and in the meantime the Feds should house them, build a refugee village somewhere. It can still be a nice place, not an Australian refugee penal island.

Last edited:
Why can’t Trudeau fly home on a commercial flight? First class on Air Canada or Air India should suffice.

It would be a PR nightmare. Can you imagine the headlines if Trudeau flew commercial because of RCAF airplane troubles?

Furthermore, I suspect it would be a security issue. 13 or so hours in a confined space with 150 unknown other people would be a huge security risk.

It would be a PR nightmare. Can you imagine the headlines if Trudeau flew commercial because of RCAF airplane troubles?

Sure.

Furthermore, I suspect it would be a security issue. 13 or so hours in a confined space with 150 unknown other people would be a huge security risk.

Why?

150 people who have had to mass through metal detectors, aren't on any no-fly lists etc etc.

His security detail would be with him anyway.

I don't perceive this to be a big deal.

The PMs of Finland and Norway routinely fly commercial, so does the Mexican President.

While NZ does have state aircraft available, the PM there mostly commonly flies commercial as well.

If its good enough for New Zealand, Norway, and Finland, its fine for Canada too.

Sure.

Why?

150 people who have had to mass through metal detectors, aren't on any no-fly lists etc etc.

His security detail would be with him anyway.

I don't perceive this to be a big deal.

The PMs of Finland and Norway routinely fly commercial, so does the Mexican President.

While NZ does have state aircraft available, the PM there mostly commonly flies commercial as well.

If its good enough for New Zealand, Norway, and Finland, its fine for Canada too.

True, though I suspect it is all about their comfort level.

All it takes is one person to start something before you have a bruhaha aboard an aircraft. Can you imagine what would happen if you had a right wing, conspiracy theory nutter sitting two rows over from Trudeau?

True, though I suspect it is all about their comfort level.

All it takes is one person to start something before you have a bruhaha aboard an aircraft. Can you imagine what would happen if you had a right wing, conspiracy theory nutter sitting two rows over from Trudeau?

Nothing, I imagine, he might not even know Trudeau is on board.

In the unlikely event such a person approached the PM, I'm sure a few polite words would tolerated, but any nonsense would be dealt with by his security detail.

Trudeau took selfies in a busy subway station in Montreal while campaigning.

He's been on the Toronto subway since.

No pre-clearing of his fellow passengers, just his security detail in close proximity. Nothing happened.

Back