News   Apr 25, 2024
 60     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 280     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 486     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Sure, but as Ukraine is not in alliance with NATO or Canada I am not willing to send my adult children to fight and die in a contest between two corrupt regimes. I do fully support reinforcing NATO's eastern border as any invasion of Ukraine could spill over into Romania, the Baltic Reps or another NATO member.
If your children are adult, it is up to THEM to decide whether they go and fight or not. You (and I) might not think its a good idea but we do not 'send them' anywhere.

What happened to the 50,000 trucks we were promised?

It seems they must have changed their route plans. Ontario 511 shows "convoy" traffic delays east of Longlac on Hwy 11. Hwy 17 is currently closed for weather east of White River.

It seems the media is confused (or just Toronto-centric). They keep talking about "the" convoy currently going through the GTA. "A" convoy has formed but it's not the main or original one.

It seems they must have changed their route plans. Ontario 511 shows "convoy" traffic delays east of Longlac on Hwy 11. Hwy 17 is currently closed for weather east of White River.

It seems the media is confused (or just Toronto-centric). They keep talking about "the" convoy currently going through the GTA. "A" convoy has formed but it's not the main or original one.
It's a long way to 50,000 from 113.

I have question that hasn’t really ever been answered. If say the Liberals had followed through with scrapping First Past the Post, would this guarantee them consistent wins (majority or minority)? It almost seems like it would be the case considering how much the demographics have changed.

I have question that hasn’t really ever been answered. If say the Liberals had followed through with scrapping First Past the Post, would this guarantee them consistent wins (majority or minority)? It almost seems like it would be the case considering how much the demographics have changed.
Your question has probably not been answered because an (accurate) answer is impossible.

It's not scrapping FPTP - it's what form of PR one chooses. Nothing is a guarantee in the long run in any case.

AoD

As with all game theory, the participants in the game respond to changing incentives. Moving away from FPTP does not mean that the parties will remain in their current ideological positions using the same political strategies. FPTP makes elections all about fighting it out over the 10-20% of ridings that are in play and largely ignoring the rest. It also rewards the use of wedge issues and encouraging vote splitting. So, the opposition parties would change their tactics to suit whatever new system emerges and we would continue to have competitive politics. If that means the Conservatives have to become more moderate or split into two parties that end up governing in coalition, that's what they would do.

IMG-20220211-WA0008.jpg

Edit: With additional clarification:

1644608079453.png

:( I can see why Trudeau was so quiet on the truckers, bigger issues to fry...

The Ukrainian people don't deserve this at all, I am so sorry for them.

Last edited:
It seems the predictions I read on another forum - that Putin has a history of doing this stuff during the winter Olympics - might be prescient. He will no doubt try to blame it on the humiliation visited on the Russian people by the drug allegations against the Russian figure skater.

Back