News   Apr 25, 2024
 168     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

It would simplify things if no country allowed dual citizenship.
Pick a country and be loyal to it.

Aaaah, I've actually battled with this dilemma my entire life....ok, only since about the age of 14. I was born in Canada but I have de facto Czech citizenship from birth through no doing of my own (in fact, it's basically thanks to the scourge of communism) but no documentation stating such and have not applied for my passport to this day.
I have finally caved and filled out the passport application and have yet to submit it. I think I finally capitulated.
For years I was of the mind that having a dual citizenship divided my loyalties and I don't really recall when exactly or why I changed my mind on the matter, but here I am.
I think it may be because I was born a dual citizen that I finally gave up fighting it.
I'm not going to renounce my European citizenship because I value the EU greatly and don't mind contributing to society there.

Anyway, to be completely honest, I'm primarily loyal to Ontario so there....that kinda messes up your entire loyalty to nation calculation, I reckon.

We're I to reside 1/2 the year in France and chose to obtain citizenship there while retaining my Canadian citizenship, I would see no harm in that, and indeed a benefit, to myself and both respective countries.

I'm moving to Spain, we can meet up regularly on the coast and swap wine stories! Nice one!

Aaaah, I've actually battled with this dilemma my entire life....ok, only since about the age of 14. I was born in Canada but I have de facto Czech citizenship from birth through no doing of my own (in fact, it's basically thanks to the scourge of communism) but no documentation stating such and have not applied for my passport to this day.
I have finally caved and filled out the passport application and have yet to submit it. I think I finally capitulated.
For years I was of the mind that having a dual citizenship divided my loyalties and I don't really recall when exactly or why I changed my mind on the matter, but here I am.
I think it may be because I was born a dual citizen that I finally gave up fighting it.
I'm not going to renounce my European citizenship because I value the EU greatly and don't mind contributing to society there.

Anyway, to be completely honest, I'm primarily loyal to Ontario so there....that kinda messes up your entire loyalty to nation calculation, I reckon.
I don't think you were born a dual citizen. You (or your parents in some other cases) had to make a conscious decision to obtain the second one.
Anyways, there is no doubt that dual citizenship is beneficial to the person - it is to the country that it is of no (little) benefit. I like to think Canada is a good enough place that we don't have to offer these goodies to lure people to come to Canada.

I don't think you were born a dual citizen. You (or your parents in some other cases) had to make a conscious decision to obtain the second one.
Anyways, there is no doubt that dual citizenship is beneficial to the person - it is to the country that it is of no (little) benefit. I like to think Canada is a good enough place that we don't have to offer these goodies to lure people to come to Canada.

No, I was born with it because of political circumstances in Czechoslovakia at the time (through a later act of Czechoslovakian parliament) and since I was born in Canada, I was also born with Canadian citizenship.

Ok, wait, you're actually right...I wasn't born with it...it was automatically given me upon the enacting of a law in their parliament.

In any case, I didn't have to apply or meet any criteria for receiving it other than have my parents be refugees from communist hell on Earth (North Korea, you die next).

I didn't ask for either of my citizenships...they were given me for two different reasons without me having had to apply.

Are you at all suggesting I renounce one of them?

What‘s with Trudeau and the whisper talking about Iran. You can’t tell the nation you’re mad in your library voice.

The Global News interview?

I rather thought it made it look like he was going to cry at any moment.

PS: Thank the universe for that beard! He looks way better now.

No, I was born with it because of political circumstances in Czechoslovakia at the time (through a later act of Czechoslovakian parliament) and since I was born in Canada, I was also born with Canadian citizenship.

Ok, wait, you're actually right...I wasn't born with it...it was automatically given me upon the enacting of a law in their parliament.

In any case, I didn't have to apply or meet any criteria for receiving it other than have my parents be refugees from communist hell on Earth.

I didn't ask for either of my citizenships...they were given me for two different reasons without me having had to apply.

Are you at all suggesting I renounce one of them?
OK. I have parents both from your former southern neighbour. I believe they passed a law that I am eligible for citizenship, but I didn't apply for it.
It might hurt me if I ever ran for PM.

OK. I have parents both from your former southern neighbour. I believe they passed a law that I am eligible for citizenship, but I didn't apply for it.
It might hurt me if I ever ran for PM.

My former southern neighbour? Like when I lived in Davisville? It was that tennis club. Anyone can join! :p

Yeah, that's there....you guys have to apply for it, we don't. If you're talking Austria then I don't understand why anyone would have been a refugee from the scourge of communism....unless they were coming from north of there. In fact, I was made in Austria, if you know what I mean. Austrians weren't escaping en masse.

I wouldn't renounce my second citizenship if I was ever in the position to be PM. I'd announce it to the world (take note, Scheer) but I sure as hell wouldn't renounce it. If it were a problem for people then so be it.

He is a beta male what do you expect?

He seems like a guy that help his ex girlfriend move in with her new bf that she duped you to be with.

That beta male managed to beat the crap out of Patrick Brazeau? Please, can we get more nonsensical than this stereotypical appendage-waving BS?

AoD

This statement popped out as particularly funny to me. I would say that my loyalties reside primarily with Toronto and to Canada, but I am rather indifferent towards Ontario. When abroad, I would say I am from Toronto or Canada before saying I am from Ontario.

I think I have seen a poll somewhere in the past that showed that there was a generational link indicating that the younger generation associated with the provincial level the least, with Quebec being obvious exception.

This statement popped out as particularly funny to me. I would say that my loyalties reside primarily with Toronto and to Canada, but I am rather indifferent towards Ontario. When abroad, I would say I am from Toronto or Canada before saying I am from Ontario.

I think I have seen a poll somewhere in the past that showed that there was a generational link indicating that the younger generation associated with the provincial level the least, with Quebec being obvious exception.

Yep - urban/rural split - and I mean, the GTA is practically a province by itself by population. Doesn't help that the provincial politicians keep on reminding us of big-bad-Toronto.

AoD

That beta male managed to beat the crap out of Patrick Brazeau? Please, can we get more nonsensical than this stereotypical appendage-waving BS?

AoD
Lol Patrick brazeau is a low life criminal thug.

It's not feat of accomplishment.

Guy is a beta male though but to some it's what makes him likeable and to many and why he is disliked.

It's just his personality..I am no fan of alpha males but a majority of the dislike about Trudeau is his personality.

Last edited:

Back