News   Apr 18, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 406     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

This doesn't look great for Trudeau, but it could blow over given the fact that he apologized right away.

Ridiculous that he didn't understand this 20 years ago.

Don't kill the messenger. I just saw that story and wanted to share it.

Like the user says, Twitter is often not like real life.

Exactly, He might lose a few far left supporters. its bit like the snowflakes on Twitter boycotting Chick-fil a. In real life, people didn't care, the lines up went from Bloor St to Timbuktu. Majority of voters know Trudeau is not a racist bigot.

Jagmeet is really milking this. It's not going to get him votes. I'm sure he has said and done stupid things too when he was young.

"Facepalm"

Mr. Singh, is Justin Trudeau a racist?

That's going to be a question I think Canadians might have to answer, but I don't think it's actually the most important question, because whether he is or he is not doesn't change the fact that his actions have had a really serious impact on Canadians.

Jagmeet is really milking this. It's not going to get him votes. I'm sure he has said and done stupid things too when he was young.

Or, he's been cornered into "milking this" because first racialized national political leader etc etc. But I actually find he's been restrained in the face of unforgiving circumstances. OTOH it's the Conservative ranks which I can see tripped up by "Justin Derangement Syndrome", pushing the youthful-discretion thing to the hilt in order to thoroughly tarnish the woke-goody-two-shoes insufferability by any means possible...

I understand why Trudeau hasn't resigned - because he's a narcissist who doesn't think any rules apply to him.
But what I find most amazing is that not a single Liberal candidate has dropped out.
After the biggest scandal in several generation (the Ethics Commissioners report), not one did.
Now an even bigger scandal arrives (socially, not legally), and still not a single Liberal has enough morals to walk away from this disastrous leader.
Somehow, I don't think Canada can recover if Trudeau is elected and somehow remains PM.

I understand why Trudeau hasn't resigned - because he's a narcissist who doesn't think any rules apply to him.
But what I find most amazing is that not a single Liberal candidate has dropped out.
After the biggest scandal in several generation (the Ethics Commissioners report), not one did.
Now an even bigger scandal arrives (socially, not legally), and still not a single Liberal has enough morals to walk away from this disastrous leader.
Somehow, I don't think Canada can recover if Trudeau is elected and somehow remains PM.

If nothing else your hyperbole is impressive.

The good news, at least for now, is that the Conservatives are back in the lead with a narrow 36.8%to the Liberals 32% based on the latest Nanos. But touring a riding in the west end today has me tickled blue with all the Conservative lawn signs on full display throughout whole neighbourhoods, with a ratio of 3:1, Conservative vs. Liberal with no NDP/Green signs at all.

And as mentioned re Scarborough, early and active sign crews don't necessarily portend popular vote.

The good news, at least for now, is that the Conservatives are back in the lead with a narrow 36.8%to the Liberals 32% based on the latest Nanos. But touring a riding in the west end today has me tickled blue with all the Conservative lawn signs on full display throughout whole neighbourhoods, with a ratio of 3:1, Conservative vs. Liberal with no NDP/Green signs at all.

Signs mean nothing. Andray Domise had them everywhere in 2014 and lost badly.

As nothing more than a smiling Stephan Harper wannabe, Andrew is just not good enough. It's obvious that this face - painting nonsense is the best the Conservatives can do. Most Canadians although not infatuated with Justin see right through this for what it is.

Reactions: DSC
The good news, at least for now, is that the Conservatives are back in the lead with a narrow 36.8%to the Liberals 32% based on the latest Nanos.

And the next day on Nanos, the Cons dropped back to 35.5, and the Libs bounced back to 32.9. Given that we're dealing with three-day rolling samples, who knows what that last day registered to cause such a bounce back.

In fact, over four consecutive days of Nanos polls, the Cons went from 37.8-37.4-36.8-35.5, and the Libs went from 35.0-34.2-32.0-32.9. That is, over the timespan since the blackface controversy broke, the Cons have not only consistently lost share, they've lost more net share than the Libs.

Polls are tricky, you see.

Back