News   Sep 04, 2024
 531     0 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 1.5K     5 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 573     1 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

I'm not sure I care much about this supposed "principles" concerning the so-called SNC-Lavalin affair. What it is has done is make this government look utterly incompetent. Two senior cabinet ministers leaving under such clouds? Loss of PMO staff? A partisan clerk of the PCO?

The budget was largely a snoozer apart from items (like government supported mortgage equity) which won't fix the problem but could worsen it.

Last edited:
Erin O'Toole is basically defending white supremacists on Twitter. The CPC has a huge problem with not denouncing those people.

The CPC is silent.

Last edited:
Erin O'Toole is basically defending white supremacists on Twitter. The CPC has a huge problem with not denouncing those people.

The CPC is silent.
I think you have the wrong link - there is no mention of O'Toole in it.

No, that is a different story, but it does relate to the Faith Goldy problem they have.

EDIT:

I got something in the mail from the CPC candidate for our riding. They picked a visible minority this time, which seems smart, as letting Roxanne James run again would be a disaster

Last edited:
Pretty much I keep hearing the SNC is a non story but the liberals went from a big lead to falling quite behind.

I think it will wear out but no doubt Trudeau brand has been damage and is exposed as a big phoney.

Pretty much I keep hearing the SNC is a non story but the liberals went from a big lead to falling quite behind.

I think it will wear out but no doubt Trudeau brand has been damage and is exposed as a big phoney.
What is SNC scandal - we don't really know the full details.
At the low end, Trudeau and the PMO violated the law by pressuring the AG to save Quebec jobs - or was it to get votes in Quebec. It could also be to secure continued support and donations from SNC executives. Possibly, there have been huge kick-back to Trudeau and Liberal insiders from SNC, that Trudeau does not want disclose to the public via a court hearing. The more Trudeau fights to prevent the truth from coming out, the more the public believes that there is massive corruption involved.

It’s interesting that a pork-barrel, pre-election budget crammed with specific benefits to target Liberal voting blocs failed to move the SNC scandal off the front page. Even the CBC and the Globe are reporting it pretty intensively.

It’s interesting that a pork-barrel, pre-election budget crammed with specific benefits to target Liberal voting blocs failed to move the SNC scandal off the front page. Even the CBC and the Globe are reporting it pretty intensively.

Funny thing is I hear many liberals going after the two minsiters now so its staying more in the news.

I'm not sure I care much about this supposed "principles" concerning the so-called SNC-Lavalin affair. What it is has done is make this government look utterly incompetent. Two senior cabinet ministers leaving under such clouds? Loss of PMO staff? A partisan clerk of the PCO?

The budget was largely a snoozer apart from items (like government supported mortgage equity) which won't fix the problem but could worsen it.

I agree- like what some people have said, the smoke is worse than the fire- the way the Liberals have carried themselves in conduct shows that the old boys backroom club are still running the show.

I think it's done a number to Trudeau's polished new-party image and has made some people more cynical of what he has to offer.

Last edited:
What is SNC scandal - we don't really know the full details.
At the low end, Trudeau and the PMO violated the law by pressuring the AG to save Quebec jobs - or was it to get votes in Quebec. It could also be to secure continued support and donations from SNC executives. Possibly, there have been huge kick-back to Trudeau and Liberal insiders from SNC, that Trudeau does not want disclose to the public via a court hearing. The more Trudeau fights to prevent the truth from coming out, the more the public believes that there is massive corruption involved.

The part of the Criminal Code related to offences against the administration of justice is, admittedly, rather complex, but I'm not convinced an offence has occurred unless you can point me to the section that pertains. Unethical, perhaps; illegal, I'm not so sure.

I am starting to believe that Doug Ford is going to get #metooed before the next election. They way he treated Randy Hillier was shameful and I believe that if they are sensing an electoral defeat they will dump him.

Anyway back on the topic of trudeau what are the chances of relection? I think he is below 20% now.

Last edited:
The part of the Criminal Code related to offences against the administration of justice is, admittedly, rather complex, but I'm not convinced an offence has occurred unless you can point me to the section that pertains. Unethical, perhaps; illegal, I'm not so sure.
http://www.criminal-code.ca/criminal-code-of-canada-section-139-2-idem/index.html

Back