News   Apr 24, 2024
 939     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 613     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

There is no way, as a public figure, that it shouldn't occur to you that sending images, never mind videos, is at best ill conceived, and if not career suicide, is certainly career injurious.

This is something you have to disclose in any interview for a clearance. And if sending naughty pics to a spouse or girlfriend is enough to get you denied in some instances, the idea that a current/former cabinet minister would do this with strangers should definitely be grounds for losing his/her position. That goes for shadow cabinet positions where they are often read in too.

Note that we are required to report anything that could get us blackmailed. The rule has always been, "You better tell us, before we find out." And if that's what it is for civil servants and military personnel, the bar should be at least as high for Members of Parliament.

You do have to wonder if OPP ever communicated the concern to the Privy Council - if not RCMP or our intelligence apparatus - or whether it is one of these "hear nothing, say nothing" kind of affair. You'd think that anything to do with individuals on the security and intelligence committee being put in a potentially compromised position should trip up warnings everywhere; not basically pretend nothing to see here until a major newspaper was going to below things up on his behalf.

Seriously, that is mightily disappointing - and concerning.

AoD

If they knew, you can bet they did. That would, however, never become public. And generally, it's far better to tell the counter-intelligence folks that you are being blackmailed than to have them find out through the press. They might be pissed at you. But they have their ways of trying to protect you and get your out of a jam. I suspect, this is one of those cases they couldn't help much and Clement had no real choice.

Don't give me that crap. Jagmeet Singh had several chances to run in previous by-elections and declined to do so.

Last edited:
Capital dilemma: The cost of fixing 24 Sussex is $34.5 million. The cost to replace it? $38.5 million

There seemed to be 2 logical options for 24 Sussex.
  1. Suck it up and live in building.
  2. Move and and quickly replace it.
There is 1 idiotic - move out and do nothing to address the problem.

Harper did #1. At this stage, I suggest that #2 is the best option.
Of course Trudeau did #3.

Sorry, 1 is exactly why we are in the sorry state that we are in right now - it's called the inability to provide proper stewardship of government property for the sake of optics. Not to mention it help to perpetuate the notion that good, necessary maintenance is wastage.

AoD

The cost of 24 Sussex is minimal and hardly my spending concern du jour.

I am far more concerned about the latest multi-billion dollar give away to Canadian business; when the economy is growing, unemployment is low and there is no evidence the Trump tax changes have adversely impacted our FDI (Foreign Direct investment).

All that, while we have a deficit; and have made few major social investments for a generation or more.

The corporate largesse needs to be dialed back.

I say this as an investor.

I'm hardly a lefty ideologue, but this ticks me right off in the same way as Ford's employment standards roll back.

Bold Prediction(not that bold really) Singh is going to run In Brampton East and NOT Burnaby.

I am alleging a conspiracy that either Singh convinced Raj Grewal to resign somehow or it was the liberal party wanting Singh to remain leader and givign him an "easy" seat to run in. That also could explain why the Liberal party stalled the by-election. Not that I have any proof of either of these I just find that it is way too convient.
Then again if Singh sticks with Burnaby this point is moot.

I was a big fan of Trudeau's, but the shine is wearing off. He writes off $1.15 billion in loans to the auto sector, followed by GM's announcement today to abandon manufacturing in Oshawa. He buys the Trans Mountain pipeline between Alberta and British Columbia for $4.5 billion, but has no plan to twin the pipeline to help get Canada's oil to global markets, as opposed to a forced discount to one customer, the USA (the sole justification of the purchase). That's nearly $6 billion blown on two files alone.

He negotiated on NAFTA, bringing no advantages to Canada, giving only concessions to the USA. Yes, Trump is a bear to negotiate with, but why has Canada painted itself into a corner. Hate them or hate them, but Harper, Chrétien or Mulroney would have done a better job on that file, I am certain.

GM also closed plants in Maryland, Michigan and Ohio. He's not prime ministering those jurisdictions. Everybody seems to missing that part.

Back