News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 415     0 

Pickering Airport (Transport Canada/GTAA, Proposed)

You win!A military airport serving a transient community of a few thousand, at most.
A few thousand? A few dozen much of the time. Not even a few hundred at peak.

Though surely many (if not most) airports aren't hubs - and not just the extreme example I cited. I simply answered your question.

Last edited:
You win!

A military airport serving a transient community of a few thousand, at most.

Seriously?

Come on guys you have the sum total of human knowledge at your finger tips , google it.
Some aviation experts you two turn out to be.

23 million pax last year.

Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (IATA: DCA, ICAO: KDCA, FAA LID: DCA )

I"m not sure what a foreign airport has to do with the simple question I answered.

Nor what Washington's two airports have to do with adding a 5th airport in the GTHA (or 6th ... Brantford is pretty convenient to the 403).

I don't see that Pickering will be necessary for passenger use until the 2100s.

I asked for a point to point, not a hub. That airport is a hub.
Bait and switch now? Regans relationship with Dulles is a good example of the volume and type of traffic the Pickering airport will be doing in it’s relationship with Pearson.
Washington is about the same population as the GTA.
One big difference, Washington has a lot better weather and more airports and runways today than Toronto will have in 10 years when Pickering opens. This includes BWI, Baltimore Washington airport, another pax jet airport that does about the same as Regan.

It also has a number of jet capability runways in its GA airports. All of these airports and infrastructure seems to work well within the confines of geography.

70 million passengers split roughly between three jet airports servicing a population base just a bit bigger than Toronto.

Twice as many simultaneously usable jet runways( that’s 5,000 ft or longer) and double the airside capacity. Even with Pickering we fall short.

Just look at the size of these airports, and they have better winter weather than we do too!

So where u from? Are u still in school, doing a school project or something? Try using this graphic:
D0B302C3-A826-4126-96C9-1F7D66087445.jpeg
. If so ask you teacher for some hints.

LOL. Anything to justify this airport.

"Point-to-point" means bypassing hubs (at least on one end). A concept which usually also means bypassing hub cities. An example of this would be Air Canada's Ottawa-London flight. Neither airport is a hub for Air Canada. Or, Norwegian's Hamilton-Dublin flight.

Focusing on pt-2-pt flights makes sense airports in smaller metros. They can attract service from different parts of the world. However, no airport is going to reach tens of millions of passengers without an anchor airline hubbing there.

This is how you know the Pickering airport folks are exaggerating. Just like when Mark argues that Pickering will keep 50-seaters to Sudbury going. See if that's working out for other cities with two airports.

Bait and switch now? Regans relationship with Dulles is a good example of the volume and type of traffic the Pickering airport will be doing in it’s relationship with Pearson.
Washington is about the same population as the GTA.
One big difference, Washington has a lot better weather and more airports and runways today than Toronto will have in 10 years when Pickering opens. This includes BWI, Baltimore Washington airport, another pax jet airport that does about the same as Regan.

It also has a number of jet capability runways in its GA airports. All of these airports and infrastructure seems to work well within the confines of geography.

Should we just ignore the fact that DC is the capital of the world's sole superpower and therefore home to a massive government, military and adjacent bureaucracy that drives travel demand?

Back