902     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 538     0 

Photo Of The Day

51 Roxborough Dr. Photo by Archivist.
Feb 26, 2009

51RoxboroughDr(junctionist).jpg

Sam The Record Man Signs

wyliepoon's Idea For The Sam The Record Man Signs.
Feb 12, 2009

SamRecord(wyliepoon).jpg

My idea would be very tall 50-60 floor high condo/office/hotel tower in Art Deco or Neoclassical style with incorporation/restoration of this two heritage former bank buldings...

My idea would be very tall 50-60 floor high condo/office/hotel tower in Art Deco or Neoclassical style with incorporation/restoration of this two heritage former bank buldings...

That could be good, but lining up contemporary precast concrete neoclassical trim by the real thing would probably make the new stuff look super cheap in comparison. There was a time when this architecture actually meant something in terms of philosophy, or cultural identity; now most people like it for the shallow reason that it looks good. It's postmodernism, and it's becoming increasingly irrelevant.

I can't get over how huge the AGO looks from that angle. I thought it would have appeared two thirds as large as it is.

it looks that big because of the telephoto effect. when zoomed in really close in, the objects in the picture get squished.

Back