News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 777     0 

Perth unveils its waterfront plans

Nothing dates quicker than vulgar, high-fashion shape du jour knockoffs of famous architects that are the built equivalent to Russian ice dance costumes. No matter how much money is thrown at them.

I guess, kinda like if La Defense was conceived half a century later than it was...

just released.... 210m

31003331ag9.jpg

20414232jv8.jpg

Also, the masterplan was done by ARM, and they're sure as shit not a cheap brand name knockoff firm...

storey_front.jpg

nma_roofline.jpg

nma_entrynight.jpg

1eastmelbournehm5.jpg

final%20mrc_mtp%20elevation.jpg

Well now don't I feel silly right about now. I see in the thread 'Perth', 'riverfront' and being an old Ottawa girl from ....way back, I find myself thinking of Perth, Ontario.
I know, I should have known better. I had a good chuckle when I looked at the Pic's.
There is a whole different world way over down there, isn't there.
Good luck to them.

Something tells me the people of Perth (Australia, that is), like those in Chicago, will be having the last laugh when years from now they are enjoying their tacky waterfront, no matter how passe it may appear. In Toronto, however, we'll have to be content looking at the ass end of condos and office parks. Oh well, at least they'll be tastefull, with universal and eternal appeal...

Back