News   Apr 24, 2024
 724     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 522     0 

Park & ride from the east end

MisterF

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm coming into the city later this week and I'm looking for somewhere to park and ride in the east end. Usually I'd take the GO from Oshawa but I'll be getting around by TTC and I'd rather not pay two fares. I'll be driving through the tail end of the morning rush, around 8:30-9:00. I've looked at:

-Scarborough Town Centre or Kennedy. STC means two transfers to get downtown, Kennedy has limited parking.
-Don Mills/Fairview Mall, transfer at Yonge - a bit farther to drive
-Yorkdale, probably the easiest option but that means driving halfway across the city on the potentially clogged 401.

Any suggestions for my fastest/easiest/cheapest option? Thanks guys! Of course, I might just end up taking the GO train...

How about Eglinton or Scarborough GO stations? I don't know how much parking they have free, I wouldn't think it would be as bad as the 905 stations. At Eglinton GO, there's frequent 116 or 86 buses to Kennedy, or you could take the GO Train there or back. Scarborough GO is on St. Clair East - there's frequent buses (102) from there to Warden. No charge for parking.

There's also Warden Station, parking is 2 to 4 bucks depending on the lot. But from what I heard, both Kennedy and Warden are packed with parking by morning rush hours.

And just for info sakes, STC does not have TTC designated parking, unfortunately. The mall actually cordon off the certain parking areas til the mall opens at 10 to deter drivers parking there to use the TTC. Having said that, there is a small pay parking lot south of the McCowan station which may be an option. Yes, there will be a transfer at Kennedy Station, but its relatively painless.

My trick for free parking at Kipling Station around 9:30AM was to drive to Honeydale Mall, which is pretty dead, and walk to the bus stop on the corner, where the 111 and 112 buses come by very frequently. I did this a few times and no one seemed to care.

Thanks for the tips. Maybe Kenway Plaza at Eglinton and Kennedy - easy walking distance to Kennedy Station.

Back