News   Jul 09, 2024
 732     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 597     0 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

29 May 2009 photo update

930AM:

dsc00539qec.jpg

dsc00544a.jpg

dsc00551t.jpg

dsc00553i.jpg

Thanks a lot for those pictures Urban dreamer! :)

Just glanced over Park Lake's website and it seems as if they updated the suite availability list. The Ontario's are sold out. I'm betting quite a few investors purchased some of them.

Shot as I was passing Sunday May 31. I have some shots from Sat on a machine that is down at this time.
IMG_may-31-09-0001.JPG

IMG_may-31-09-0002.JPG

June 12

Took the rare train to Burlington from Toronto for a meeting and back. Was trying to get shots on both sides in this area.

Coming back, took a video of the southside.

IMG_june-12-09-0055.JPG

IMG_june-12-09-0056.JPG

IMG_june-12-09-0057.JPG

Thanks very much Drum! I especially enjoyed seeing the video.

Did anyone see that they started placing the windows on the 5th floor of the west tower? :D Can't wait to see it progress even further.

Apologies to the folks who bought here, but...

When I first saw how they were treating the base with that walmart-white colour I had a feeling this project was going to turn out blah at best.

Now that I see the window treatment. Ugh. The "elegance" that the original render implied will not be found here. Such a shame this will be so dominating next to the lake. Just my opinion.

DSCN4618.jpg

DSCN4619.jpg

I agree the base is hideous ... but I've seen this one in person, the tower portion actually looks alright, not sure why its bugging you so much.

I DO like those floor-to-ceiling windows ... I'm sure purchasers would love that too (overlooking the lake)

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I urge you to wait to judge until the building is complete. Is it the most beautiful and elegant building? No, but it's quite a lovely building that will add further beauty to the area. To compare with Windermere by the lake, Park Lake looks fresher. I happen to like the white podium material. It's better than brick, in my humble opinion.

Are they adding floors to this one? I drive by it everyday and noticed that despite being around 18s right now they've significantly jacked the crane on the one tower, enough to go another 8-10 storeys by the looks of it

More photos

These were taken last Friday while I was walking along the lake. I do like the way they look.

Attachments

• IMG_3287.jpg
    IMG_3287.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_3288.jpg
    IMG_3288.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_3290.jpg
    IMG_3290.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 196
It's very possible that I've been jaded by the render. I've been seeing the render (which Josef is using as his avatar) for more than 3 years now and was expecting something in reality to at least hint at a shimmer... or at least hint at high-end... or use larger pieces of reflective glass without all the mullions.

I was misled by the marketing. In reality it will just be another mediocre Toronto condo building.

I do, however, also love the floor to ceiling windows.

Back