News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

Can't believe the city didn't require retail in this condo or at Windermere By The Lake considering how devoid the area is of it. Stupid.

I agree, however, I do prefer not having them in the condo I live in. I find when there's a few retail stores below, the building looks too commercial.
We'll see what happens next door in the upcoming years. How about the property at the Sales office of Park Lake & NXT? I'm aware it belongs to the government, but you can lease/rent on government property, provided they approve of it.

Also, think about if Park Lake did have retail below. Park visitors in the busy Summer would J walk through Lakeshore to grab an ice-cream and become road kill:eek:

Unfortunately, no pictures, but they're working on the 15th floor now and the east tower is moving fairly quickly as well.

Hmm. I'm not having a very good reaction to the Walmart Off-White cladding here. It doesn't exactly blend in with its surroundings. I seem to recall the rendering being much less blatant.

Pics taken this morning.

Towered, I must disagree with you about retail here. Joseph's right. It would be dangerous. This stretch of Lakeshore does not lend itself to left or right turns or getting on and off easily. Traffic tends to whiz by doing 70-80kph regularily.

Can't believe the city didn't require retail in this condo or at Windermere By The Lake considering how devoid the area is of it. Stupid.

As if empty retail bays would add to the street life.

Is there a reason why those lakeview gallery suites don't have a balcony? They would sell like no tomorrow. I think I was told that the city wouldn't approve of it because of being so close to the road (or is it the noise level?), but I've seen balconies on the Gardiner condos, and they're quite close to the highway...actually very close.

Also, since the window installations are commencing on those suites, I would assume they'd be the first ones to be fully built? It would only be practical and profitable for Pemberton, as potential buyers can actually go in and see what the suites look like instead of relying solely on floor plans.

29 April 2009 photo update

From St Jo's entrance:

dsc01965p.jpg

ps, can anyone else spot the other "Park" condo in the photo?

ps, can anyone else spot the other "Park" condo in the photo?

the "park" i think they are referring to is high park as you can see the towers clearly from there. but what i find strange is that they didn't put windows on the north side of the building facing the park. although we don't have pics of the north side, besides one strip of windows down the centre, it's almost completely a concrete wall - which looks like crap. they really should have planned for 360 degree windows like casa to take advantage of the "park" in their name.

Probably because they needed to raise above Gardiner level for the occupied floors, might as well fill that "dead" space with parking and save on excavation.

I agree ... similar schemes with above ground parking in podiums adjacent to highways can be found at 18 Yonge, Pinnacle Centre/Success 1, NY Towers, Ellipse & Solaris

the "park" i think they are referring to is high park as you can see the towers clearly from there. but what i find strange is that they didn't put windows on the north side of the building facing the park. although we don't have pics of the north side, besides one strip of windows down the centre, it's almost completely a concrete wall - which looks like crap. they really should have planned for 360 degree windows like casa to take advantage of the "park" in their name.

I'm a little lost here, I didn't exactly pay attention to the north side of the model in the sales office. The complete north side of the towers are not going to be covered with glass?

Also, can anyone take pics of the recent work done to the podium windows? Thanks.

I'm a little lost here, I didn't exactly pay attention to the north side of the model in the sales office. The complete north side of the towers are not going to be covered with glass?

Josef,

The model at the sales office shows the entire north wall concrete covered with glass; Stop worrying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back