News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 465     0 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

I'd like to meet Josef someday.... I often wonder if he works for the developer?

Haha, I wish I worked for the developer. This is my first condo purchase, so I'm fairly new to the whole industry and quite passionate about it (for now, that is). Sure, we can meet one day. I'll end up meeting the entire population of Toronto having traffic on the tip of my toes at Park Lake:p

Filip& Maestro- Yes, the plan does clearly show condos being built on the exterior of the podium, but those suites aren't flying off the shelves. I was hoping they would have utilized those spaces for extra parking or lockers, but that won't happen. They'll just end up fully furnishing those suites and dusting before visitors request to see them.

I will second maestro's note ... I am pretty sure I saw only condo suites in the plans for the ground floor facing Lakeshore Blvd. (sorry to disappoint, but there's no grade retail here :p)

Haha, I wish I worked for the developer. This is my first condo purchase, so I'm fairly new to the whole industry and quite passionate about it (for now, that is). Sure, we can meet one day. I'll end up meeting the entire population of Toronto having traffic on the tip of my toes at Park Lake:p

Perhaps you could host the next UT get together when you move in?

having no retail anywhere within reasonable walking distance was one of the drawbacks of the Park Lake location. I'm not sure how thrilled I'm going to be popping into the 4 Points Sheraton next door for food/drink on the run...

Any suggestions on where we're going to be able to shop/snack/feed coffee addiction?

having no retail anywhere within reasonable walking distance was one of the drawbacks of the Park Lake location. I'm not sure how thrilled I'm going to be popping into the 4 Points Sheraton next door for food/drink on the run...

Any suggestions on where we're going to be able to shop/snack/feed coffee addiction?

When I was down there last week, I was asked by a father with 2 kids on bikes where a Pizza place or fast food was in the area. I said sorry you are out of luck and have to go up to Bloor St or west on the Lake Shore or Queensway.

Not the first time I heard this.

Doesn't that old building along the Martin Goodman Trail sell pizza (at least in the summer)? I thought it was near Park Lake

Food in the area

There is food within walking distance from Park Lake. You have the following places within a 15 minute walk

Eden: bottom of the Explorer condo on marine drive
Plum: same complex of condos as Eden - a little bit closer
New sushi restaurant going in the bottom of the Explorer condo

Plus you have the following seasonal places

Sunnyside Cafe
a couple of fast food places in Sunnyside park including a pizza pizza
plus there's a spot in High park for lunch

So maybe there's nothing directly beneath the condo but a 15 minute walk along the water allows you to reach some quality restaurants

Within walking distance...
Hmmm, well, you have the cheese boutique that's carries dairy products, fruits, vegetables, canned goods, desserts and coffee too! You can practically buy anything, but make sure you have enough change on you ;)

There's the new Petro gas station in walking distance and the large Sobey's plaza, which takes what, a good 20min walk? There's also Bloor West Village, but you likely need over 30mins to get there.

Convenience store, cleaners, dentist and Italian cafe and restaurant are all about 15 min walk past the white bridge, in the condo section by the lake.

Perhaps you could host the next UT get together when you move in?

Well, maybe for the UT Park Lake members. My suite is 575 SF, so I can have 575 members, each having 1 sf of space :)

As a side note, I passed by Park Lake on my way to my parent's house and noticed they started putting up windows on the ground floor! Wohoo! They're quite green though...

As a side note, I passed by Park Lake on my way to my parent's house and noticed they started putting up windows on the ground floor! Wohoo! They're quite green though...

I'm tired of the green glass look. :( There must be a discount on green glass or maybe all architects are from the same school.

Last edited by a moderator:
The glass was commencing yesterday on the West tower, ground floor on the west side and partially on the south side. Certain parts are a light shade of green, but where there's no windows, a light pistachio like color glass is on the concrete wall :eek:

They also installed the lighting for the parking lot levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe the city didn't require retail in this condo or at Windermere By The Lake considering how devoid the area is of it. Stupid.

Back