Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

One weird thing that I noticed: Asmegin and Layla - In your units, you have a few feet of space in front of your washer/dryer. In my unit, the laundry room is much smaller (i.e., no space in front). I looked into a few of the units near mine, and most seemed to have the few feet of space like you two. I'm jealous!

Mine is the same as yours, Suzie; no room whatsoever in the laundry "room". I can fit a couple hockey sticks and a broom/swiffer on either side of the washer/dryer but that's about it. I know someone who moved into a corner unit yesterday, and they had an additional storage room within their unit next to washer/dryer which would be nice... but the overall square footage was significantly less (smaller bedrooms and living room/kitchen).

Thanks for the info Suzie.

I'm wondering if we can put foam in the sides/top and just leave the bottom (or a combination of that). I get airflow from the bottom and it seems like its enough to keep things 'fresh'.

Let me know what you guys end up doing. I will explore some options as well. There is no way in hell I'm leaving it the way it is. I've never seen such gaps around a door either. It's moreso the gaps on the sides as opposed to the bottom that are so noticeable (and presumably let in most of the sound).

They're going around installing shower curtains today. I didn't need one as I installed my own.

They looked like a cheap standard one, probably a tension rod.

I had my PDI yesterday (it’s a Cedar unit) and there were some issues. I too have lost a lot of space in the laundry room. It was supposed to be 7 feet long and now it’s about half that. I asked why and he said that they needed the space for the ducts and cables. I was not told that however. I was told that I was going to get the full space now because they were removing the water tank, and I could use this extra space for storage, so that sucks. They need to make sure that the design staff knows this stuff because they’re telling the buyers the wrong info.

The big stuff that was messed up: they were supposed to put a pot light over the tub in the bathroom and didn’t. Which now means they have to break through tile to install it. I hope they do a good job and that it doesn’t look ugly. I was also supposed to have a light fixture over the dining room area, which they did not put in. And I paid extra to have a microwave/range hood combo over my stove, which they did not set up either. I also asked that the linen shelves in the closet not be installed, and they kept them in.

There was small stuff too, like they put the wrong handles on my kitchen cupboard and I am missing one of my cupboard doors. A few marks on the doors and trim. No paint issues though, no splattering that I saw. I asked about the tub and sink stoppers and they said they tend to disappear so they won’t give them to me until I get the keys. I made them put it on the deficiency list anyways.

The gap around the front door is a bit uneven and it’s missing the rubber padding (which prevents the door from slamming against the frame) but the gap didn’t seem that large. I’ll have to pay close attention to the noise factor once I move in.

I also asked them not to install the toilet paper holder and towel rack. I don’t think I like where they were going to place them. I was missing some stuff too, like closet doors, mirror in the bathroom, toilet and taps. The water pressure in the shower and kitchen sink were good though.

Otherwise, I think the place is looking really good. I’m on the ground floor and the size of the patio is great. For some reason they did not put the patio stone right to the edge, but left a gap between the stone and the wall. I asked that it be filled in completely, we’ll see what happens. And I will get my appliances a few days after I get the keys. I upgraded some of them so I don’t get them right away. I am very grateful that I do not need to move in right away!

I uploaded some photos.

Asmegin: Just wanted to say thanks for the info you provided and being the official guinea pig of the group. You’re awesome :)

IMG-20130402-00153.jpg
IMG-20130402-00165.jpg
IMG-20130402-00175.jpg
IMG-20130402-00177.jpg
IMG-20130402-00180.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20130402-00153.jpg
    IMG-20130402-00153.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG-20130402-00165.jpg
    IMG-20130402-00165.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG-20130402-00175.jpg
    IMG-20130402-00175.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG-20130402-00177.jpg
    IMG-20130402-00177.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG-20130402-00180.jpg
    IMG-20130402-00180.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 327
LadyAslan - It looks like we're neighbours from across the hall :)

And, I second you on the laundry room comment - I was told the same thing as well: I.e., That we would get extra storage space as the water tanks were no longer going in the laundry room. It's a shame really, as that space would have made for very valuable storage.

Some pics from my PDI of the Aspen unit as well:

Den
IMG_0033.jpg

Bathroom (notice how crooked the lights are)
IMG_0038.jpg

Hallway linen closet
IMG_0042.jpg

Patio (will be nice once they plant grass and put up a high wood fence! :))
IMG_0052.jpg

Kitchen
IMG_0054_2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0054_2.jpg
    IMG_0054_2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 316
I had my PDI yesterday (it’s a Cedar unit) and there were some issues. I too have lost a lot of space in the laundry room. It was supposed to be 7 feet long and now it’s about half that. I asked why and he said that they needed the space for the ducts and cables. I was not told that however. I was told that I was going to get the full space now because they were removing the water tank, and I could use this extra space for storage, so that sucks. They need to make sure that the design staff knows this stuff because they’re telling the buyers the wrong info.

The big stuff that was messed up: they were supposed to put a pot light over the tub in the bathroom and didn’t. Which now means they have to break through tile to install it. I hope they do a good job and that it doesn’t look ugly. I was also supposed to have a light fixture over the dining room area, which they did not put in. And I paid extra to have a microwave/range hood combo over my stove, which they did not set up either. I also asked that the linen shelves in the closet not be installed, and they kept them in.

There was small stuff too, like they put the wrong handles on my kitchen cupboard and I am missing one of my cupboard doors. A few marks on the doors and trim. No paint issues though, no splattering that I saw. I asked about the tub and sink stoppers and they said they tend to disappear so they won’t give them to me until I get the keys. I made them put it on the deficiency list anyways.

The gap around the front door is a bit uneven and it’s missing the rubber padding (which prevents the door from slamming against the frame) but the gap didn’t seem that large. I’ll have to pay close attention to the noise factor once I move in.

I also asked them not to install the toilet paper holder and towel rack. I don’t think I like where they were going to place them. I was missing some stuff too, like closet doors, mirror in the bathroom, toilet and taps. The water pressure in the shower and kitchen sink were good though.

Otherwise, I think the place is looking really good. I’m on the ground floor and the size of the patio is great. For some reason they did not put the patio stone right to the edge, but left a gap between the stone and the wall. I asked that it be filled in completely, we’ll see what happens. And I will get my appliances a few days after I get the keys. I upgraded some of them so I don’t get them right away. I am very grateful that I do not need to move in right away!

I uploaded some photos.

Asmegin: Just wanted to say thanks for the info you provided and being the official guinea pig of the group. You’re awesome :)

LadyAslan, your unit is looking good! I like the kitchen tiles

It's weird that so many things were unfinished in your unit. Hopefully everything will be done when you move in, although it is weird you're getting your appliances after your keys! Make sure to take pictures of the kitchen tiles as soon as your get your keys, as they're likely to be damaged when the appliances are installed and those types of things aren't covered by warranty.

It sucks for those that didn't get the extra storage space in the laundry room. I remember the decor lady telling me the same thing, that I would have the space because they moved the water tank to an electric system outside. I love the space, I've got tools, laundry stuff, mops etc. Very handy....

Also weird about the tub/sink stoppers. No one mentioned either to me and I received neither. I'm going to put then on my 30 day Tarion form for sure.

The first level patios look good, lots of room and no death trap slope like the ones above :D

suzie_s;717895 Patio (will be nice once they plant grass and put up a high wood fence! :)) [ATTACH=CONFIG said:
11848[/ATTACH]

I absolutely love your patio area ;)..it looks great and a good size.

I have my PDI on Monday but I see from previous photos that the balconies are not very big..does anyone know the actual size of the balconies?

Asmegin, what do you mean by a slope on the balcony? I know that layla said that she didn't feel safe on the balcony, is it safe to be out there?

Also any word on final closing for those who are already in?

I have my PDI on Monday but I see from previous photos that the balconies are not very big..does anyone know the actual size of the balconies?

Asmegin, what do you mean by a slope on the balcony? I know that layla said that she didn't feel safe on the balcony, is it safe to be out there?

Also any word on final closing for those who are already in?

IMG_0138.jpg

I have the standard balcony and it's about 5' x 9', not bad

Nothing yet on the final closing

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 320
I saw my lawyer the other day in preparation of my interim occupancy closing, which is Tuesday. I advised her a major complaint during my PDI inspection. I have the Alder unit on the first floor and any of you who have the similar unit with the “walkin closet” into the bathroom has 2 closet spaces on either side. Unfortunately my unit happens to have only 1 closet and the other side is pretty much a dead space. I was upset as I was looking forward to a “Carrie Bradshaw closet space”. It’s not deep enough to have another closet rack. My lawyer sent a letter to Vandyk’s lawyer so we’ll see if there is any resolution to this. Is there anyone out there that has the same issue? From my inspection with Jason Kennedy it sounded like I wasn’t the only one.
To “n3rak”, you asked about final closing. I spoke to Kora at Vandyk and she said I should close between 1-4 months when I occupy. I also asked my Lawyer if she heard anything and from her experience it’s about the same time frame. So for me, I should be closing by August.
I now know where I’m parking and where my locker is. It looks like my locker is on the fist floor (Level A), is that correct?

Does anyone know if we have to book the elevators only for the day we get our keys or can we book them for another day? I'm still waiting to be contacted for my pdi, I hope everything goes well.

I saw my lawyer the other day in preparation of my interim occupancy closing, which is Tuesday. I advised her a major complaint during my PDI inspection. I have the Alder unit on the first floor and any of you who have the similar unit with the “walkin closet” into the bathroom has 2 closet spaces on either side. Unfortunately my unit happens to have only 1 closet and the other side is pretty much a dead space. I was upset as I was looking forward to a “Carrie Bradshaw closet space”. It’s not deep enough to have another closet rack. My lawyer sent a letter to Vandyk’s lawyer so we’ll see if there is any resolution to this. Is there anyone out there that has the same issue? From my inspection with Jason Kennedy it sounded like I wasn’t the only one.
To “n3rak”, you asked about final closing. I spoke to Kora at Vandyk and she said I should close between 1-4 months when I occupy. I also asked my Lawyer if she heard anything and from her experience it’s about the same time frame. So for me, I should be closing by August.
I now know where I’m parking and where my locker is. It looks like my locker is on the fist floor (Level A), is that correct?

That sucks about your closet. I'm guessing Vandyk is covered by wording in the contract (ie may have to move walls for structure or plumbing etc etc), but I'd hope they do the right thing and come up with a solution that works for you. Maybe a rack on one side and shelving on the other??

Does anyone know if we have to book the elevators only for the day we get our keys or can we book them for another day? I'm still waiting to be contacted for my pdi, I hope everything goes well.

You can book for any day, and multiple times if needed, provided there is an opening.

Level A is the parking level I believe . My locker and both my parking spots are on level A according to my lawyer!

I am having a hard time finding furniture, at least a decent priced condo sized couch that I like.

Where did you guys buy curtains/blinds from? Bouclair? I want to get blackout blinds for the bedroom, so that no light is let in.

I am having a hard time finding furniture, at least a decent priced condo sized couch that I like.

Where did you guys buy curtains/blinds from? Bouclair? I want to get blackout blinds for the bedroom, so that no light is let in.

If you go across Dundas between Tomken and Dixie you'll find lots if little furniture stores you can bargain at . The blackout curtains might be more difficult since the condo act does not allow black window coverings .

Back