Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

attachment.php

Why does Luna have stuff on its balconies and look lived-in already? I am so confused.

I think it was only due to the angle at which the photo was taken ... although the 8 storey section is LUNA, the tower portion on the right is actually N1/N2, I think TOBoy took that shot from a unit in WestOne

Concurred.

TOBoy would have used his telephoto zoom as well, and it compresses space. That's what makes the tower appear as if it and the podium are part of the same project. That, and the architectural similarity of everything at CityPlace...

Yes, the shots were taken from WestOne. The occupied tower is N1/N2.

Parade is coming along really sllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww.....1 floor/month...

I guess the parking lot is above ground? I don't really see them digging deep enough for it to be underground.

OK, that was my suspicion. But photographic perspective got the better of me hahaha.

parade 1 is being built. Parade 2 is just a hole right now. They seem to be starting to build the wall to block off the railway.

parade is certainly a more dynamic project for cityplace and i'm looking forward to it. the glass bridge is interesting, and i find the plaza-like vibe at ground level to be pretty.

generally, i find the condo complex pretty average in terms of aesthetics (a little too much plastic vancouver for me), but the buildings look like Monet when i think back to what this desolate plot of land used to look like.

the park, really, is the main draw/gift this complex is giving the city. it will certainly liven up the area. with the new connection to fort york, the bathurst street bridge revitalization, june callwood park, and the new waterfront, this area will be totally transformed. indeed, as christopher hume puts it, toronto will have "come of age."

Back