Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

This is one mega slab Current ('building' to the right of Luna). I had no idea Cityplace was building such monstrocities.

2861904828_6d70f97d37_b.jpg

yes indeed ... and this mega slab is going to be repeated twice more in Parade East + Parade West as 'podium & park' suites shwon below ... my guess would be the cladding (glass?) would still be black on Parade

parade.jpg

Sept 25 2008 Update

Future Portland/Dan Leckie bridge ... the alignment is so perfect there's great potential for this link to be for more than pedestrians

IMG_2169c.jpg

While I like the idea of a bridge between the towers and I think the height is appropriate for its placement, I am not convinced of its simplistic alignment. The towers are quite simple and clean, with basic podiums, but all in all relatively nice, but imagine if that bridge were somehow askew. Presently, there is so much symmetry and well, honestly its a little boring - If there was an opportunity to break up the monotony but putting something more defining in its shape and angularity, they might have a winner. I just don't think the complete gate quality has been attained yet..

Please excuse the size of the image, but I think this image expresses more or less what I am getting at:

AU_wienerberg_coop.jpg

Wienerberg City, Apartment Tower, CoopHimmelb(l)au

p5

September 24

From Front St. looking southeast at the Parade phase one site with three cranes. Unfortunately the future Portland/Dan Leckie bridge will be more aligned with Draper St. because that is where GO will be allowing the bridge support to be located. Stairs will go down to Front at about Draper and a ramp will start at Front and Portland on the north side and end at Dan Leckie on the south. The bridge will have a "C" shape.
2887639563_0683667906_b.jpg

Unfortunately the future Portland/Dan Leckie bridge will be more aligned with Draper St. because that is where GO will be allowing the bridge support to be located. Stairs will go down to Front at about Draper and a ramp will start at Front and Portland on the north side and end at Dan Leckie on the south. The bridge will have a "C" shape.

Thanks for the information. I hope to hear more details later.

Work is moving along well on the garage and elevator core!

Attachments

• DSC04377.jpg
    DSC04377.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 301
October 4

Looking northeast at the four cranes and under construction in the foreground is the new park.
2920510086_1cde3df987_b.jpg

woohoo ... you've gotta love living in Crane City ;)

Why does Luna have stuff on its balconies and look lived-in already? I am so confused.

(In the photo posted directly above this post.)

Back