145     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Ottawa Transit Developments

Can we get a thread for the Bank street tunnel or something

Let the mods handle the troll....

Don't need a thread for something not even relevant to Toronto. We gonna make fantasy threads for every city within a 600 km radius of Toronto?

It's a thread discussion about Ottawa, not Toronto. Not sure what the big deal is Keithz for posting a podcast link from a well respected Ottawa podcaster who discussed transit issues. You can always ignore the thread and focus on the rest of the forum which is dedicated to Toronto...

Agreed completely. In the long run, canning that LRT plan was the best thing for transit in Ottawa. It's just a shame that that plan was able to get as far into the process as it did. Having that debate one election earlier would have likely bumped everything up by 4 years, and we'd be riding Stage 2 by now.

You don't understand how the LRT debate evolved in Ottawa. It was Bob Chiarelli who championed bringing rail transport to Ottawa. If he had been kicked out of office in the previous election, rail transit would have died with the original O-Train. All momentum would have been lost. You need a champion and as far as I can see, there was no other at that time. The alternative would have been to continue to build Transitway extensions exclusively. Who knows, Ottawa may have built a bus tunnel instead.

Let the mods handle the troll....

Don't need a thread for something not even relevant to Toronto. We gonna make fantasy threads for every city within a 600 km radius of Toronto?
We do have hundreds of threads for cities and projects outside of Toronto. The forum has become more like UrbanCanada, which is not a bad thing.

This isn't an actual project though. It's a fantasy proposal not included in any official plan for the City of Ottawa.
That's alright but your main reasoning (that you shared) for not having that thread was about the project not being in Toronto. We do have a lot of threads with no relevance to Toronto, going as far as Quebec.

I do agree with your stance though but only because it is a pure fantasy idea (like you mentioned in the next post) irrespective of the location.

That's alright but your main reasoning (that you shared) for not having that thread was about the project not being in Toronto. We do have a lot of threads with no relevance to Toronto, going as far as Quebec.

I do agree with your stance though but only because it is a pure fantasy idea (like you mentioned in the next post) irrespective of the location.
It does appear that Mr. Desveaux is attempting to drum up support for the idea with politicians and business leaders and there is evidence of it. Whether it is fake, I don't know. Regardless, there is a need to review transit options on Bank Street and with the city consumed with the Confederation Line for the last decade (and likely the next decade or two), all other transit improvements seem to be relegated to the dustbin. The Baseline BRT is a perfect example and that is on the official transportation plan.

Back