News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 350     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 911     1 

Ottawa Transit Developments

Screenshot_2024-02-14_122532.jpg

So it is about 6 weeks until phase 2 of Ottawa’s lrt opens adding 13 stations and 8 kms to the system. This has been a great year for Canadian rail systems as Edmonton and Montreal also opened new lines. Now we just have to get Finch and Eglinton open!

So it is about 6 weeks until phase 2 of Ottawa’s lrt opens adding 13 stations and 8 kms to the system. This has been a great year for Canadian rail systems as Edmonton and Montreal also opened new lines. Now we just have to get Finch and Eglinton open!
Let's hope the Stadler's have a bit more success than the Alstom Citadis...

Not sure if "great" is the word I would use.

Ottawa is plagued with issues. Montreal is having issues as well. Edmonton is seeing lower than expected ridership.

Trillium line extension is officially delayed further into Summer.

Confederation line testing between Blair and Montreal stations is happening next week.

Travelled on the Confederation Line for the first time.

One thing that surprised me was how worn the underground stations look, despite being only four years old.

View attachment 554939

Cheap finish here, this should be tile all the way down to the escalator, that looks terrible.

Water damage. Would look less bad with tile all the way up.

1712684280476.jpeg

They obviously had some kind of mat stuck to the floor, this can be buffed off.

Last edited:
Cheap finish here, this should be tile all the way down to the escalator, that looks terrible.
Everything with the Ottawa system was designed by suburban committee to save costs, and these are the stations that are not exposed to the elements. I haven't paid much attention but next time i'm out i'll check to see how much the salt they have to put down is eating away at the outdoor platforms.

For only being four years old it's really, really showing it. Nobody was happier with this warmer winter than the folks responsible for the system.

Back