News   Apr 26, 2024
 129     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 413     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Ontario Line Extension West of Ontario Place (Speculation)

Btw I just spotted this in a Metrolinx 2011 study

urbantoronto-5006-15298.png

So notwithstanding the placement of the Ontario Place Station (likely crucial in determining the servicing of Liberty Village), could there be an argument made for a future extension up Dufferin to Bloor or even Eglinton?

So notwithstanding the placement of the Ontario Place Station (likely crucial in determining the servicing of Liberty Village), could there be an argument made for a future extension up Dufferin to Bloor or even Eglinton?

Or as a replacement or local service adjacent to the Union Pearson Express?

How about this, with branching?

I hope the final design would end up being something like this. The Ontario line should interchange with the planned GO RER station in Liberty Village, and it would be a shame not to service all the high density areas further west of Spadina.

View attachment 181384

The "Exhibition" Station would have to be more closer to Ontario Place. Currently, the Exhibition Loop is too far, forcing people to safari across an asphalt desert. If it has to take space away from the current parking lot, the better.

The "Exhibition" Station would have to be more closer to Ontario Place. Currently, the Exhibition Loop is too far, forcing people to safari across an asphalt desert. If it has to take space away from the current parking lot, the better.

That's true on one hand, but on the other hand, there may be issues with tunneling too close to the lake; especially if the tunnel is pointing towards the lake.

There's no reason why the TTC can't lay down tracks to get from Exhibition GO to Ontario place or buses.

Quoted from main Ontario Line thread.
I suspect the Province is eyeing something like #1 (red). Queen to Bathurst to Front under Fort York to station at CNE streetcar loop.
An alternative I could conceive of is #2 (orange). Quuen to Strachan to Fleet to Princes' to station near BMO Field.
The desire to not cut transit lines under building would preclude a lot of other choices.
I like Option 2.

Would it make sense to extend option 2 to Dufferin and the rail corridor, and relocate Exhibition GO to Dufferin to create an interchange? As illustrated:

Back