News   Apr 25, 2024
 144     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Ontario legalizing e-scooters!!! (Bird, Lime, segway, electric kickscooter, micro mobility, electric skateboards)

^Would you wear a helmet previously worn by an indeterminate horde?
I've seen a bike share somewhere on Twitter that has a cord that connects to a helmet, which is optional which is of course the big difference. I wouldn't have much issue with it but only if I was wearing a hat between my head and the helmet.

On another note, who thought it would be a good idea to let people park scooters wherever they pleased?
I have ridden 5 scooter cities in 3 countries.

It's convenient, if well-managed. It's easy to find a scooter nearby, and they are rebalanced regularly.

However, it is indeed chaotic when not well-managed.

I do not believe it is a mandatory criteria to have scooter docks, I welcome the dockless scooters, though I understand the concerns a city does have with them.
For newbies, read the posts I've made in the first few pages of this thread about my enthusiasm (as a user).

^Would you wear a helmet previously worn by an indeterminate horde?
Nope.

1582208875053.jpeg

I feel like you'd be more comfortable in your own helmet, which no one is stopping you from using!

Vancouver is where it was that I saw this in use. Perhaps they could find a way to mount them on the scooters. https://www.mobibikes.ca/en/news/more-helmets-new-design
IDK about those helmets, but my Nutcase bicycle helmet (and Shoei motorcycle helmet) are single impact helmets. You drop them once, you throw them out.

One impact is pretty much the rule of thumb for any helmet. They may have a hairline crack that you can’t see or something else from an impact that makes them ineffective

I've seen a bike share somewhere on Twitter that has a cord that connects to a helmet, which is optional which is of course the big difference. I wouldn't have much issue with it but only if I was wearing a hat between my head and the helmet.

For safety purposes, car rental companies, taxis, and car sharing must include a safety helmet for all occupants of motor vehicles.

helmet-box.jpg.860x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

helmet-on-top.jpg.860x0_q70_crop-scale.jpg

From link.

For safety purposes, car rental companies, taxis, and car sharing must include a safety helmet for all occupants of motor vehicles.
I fully support everyones right to not wear a helmet, and don't own one myself since I don't feel they're necessary for a regular push bike, personally.

That being said when it comes to personal vehicles with a motor, electric or not, (and yeah, I would love legislation forcing drivers and their passengers to wear helmets, why not) users should consider a helmet (currently the law for ebikes), and the company would be wise to offer them since so many of their customers are getting ticketed for not having them elsewhere. Should wearing a helmet be the law though? I'm not entirely sure.

helmet-box.jpg.860x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

helmet-on-top.jpg.860x0_q70_crop-scale.jpg

From link.
What country is that from? It's about as stupid as Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear saying that people wouldn't be hit by trains if they wear high visibility jackets in their cars instead of not stopping at railroad crossings.

What country is that from? It's about as stupid as Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear saying that people wouldn't be hit by trains if they wear high visibility jackets in their cars instead of not stopping at railroad crossings.

It's an article directed to New York State. If car racers wear helmets, why shouldn't regular folks. See link. Not going to happen.

Back