One Bloor East Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

Does anyone know how sales are doing? I have not seen any lines or heard anything about % sold at this point.

http://www.icecondo.ca/1BloorFloorPlan.pdf

They take 10-15 seconds to load. 23 pages.

Thanks jmac, my netbook has a slug of a processor and I didn't realize the file took that long to load. Without going through 80 pages here, do you or anyone here have the original floor plans posted from the Bazis planned development? I heard a rumour that they only changed the balconies while leaving the majority of the floor plans unaltered below the 60th floor and introducing new plans for the floors replacing the hotel component. Appreciate if any previous purchaser here who can confirm their offer for re-signing at the current price with a discount and getting the same or different floor plan?

Here are some prices the sales lady at 1Bloor gave me (since I am an original 1Bloor owner):
These are what are being offered to all previous buyers -

Floors 8 to 38

Adventure - 389K - 530sqft
Beauty - 431K - 607sqft
Bliss - 431K - 612 sqft
Comfort - 523K - 719sq ft
Dreams - 596K - 792 sqft
Energy - 579K - 812 sqft
Eternity - 622K - 817sqft (South facing)

Higher floors
Balance - 530sqft - 451K
Desire - 744sqft - 587K
Fame - 829sqft - 654K
Happiness - 899sqft - 711K
Harmony - 1033sqft - 845K
Joy - 1052sqft - 864K

I bought the lowest priced unit at 389K. Upon inquiring that I wanted to buy another one for a friend, i was told that i would not be able get these prices, but could still get the unit if i want if I was prepared to the pay the VIP prices due out on the 13th. For this particular unit, the VIP price is now 399K - an increase in 10K. Parking is also now for 50K as opposed to 47.5K.

Here are some prices the sales lady at 1Bloor gave me (since I am an original 1Bloor owner):
These are what are being offered to all previous buyers -

Floors 8 to 38

Adventure - 389K - 530sqft
Beauty - 431K - 607sqft
Bliss - 431K - 612 sqft
Comfort - 523K - 719sq ft
Dreams - 596K - 792 sqft
Energy - 579K - 812 sqft
Eternity - 622K - 817sqft (South facing)

Higher floors
Balance - 530sqft - 451K
Desire - 744sqft - 587K
Fame - 829sqft - 654K
Happiness - 899sqft - 711K
Harmony - 1033sqft - 845K
Joy - 1052sqft - 864K

Thank you for the insight Pierre!

Do you also know if GG released the top 5 floors to previous 1Bloor purchasers?

Was at the sales centre today... My opinions have changed...this is going to be a very nice building. My only beef is the roof...I think it would have looked nicer with a flat top rather than the slanted one on the renders. Besides that as you can see...the amenities are ridiculous.

When the units hit the public there won't be much left. People there seem to think once the building's done, units could go for over $1K PSF...I guess time will tell. Very nice looking project though.

JayBee can you elaborate in terms of PSF and why your opinion changed? With that many units per floor and many of them quite small (compared to high end buidlings), why do you think people are throwing out the $1K number?

Most surrounding luxurious buildings (One St. Thomas, 18 yorkville, 80 Yorkville) are starting to come close to 1K a square foot. Their prices would have to jump even higher i'd assume.

This building is nice on the outside but I personally can't see that translating into such high real estate values.

I'm only asking you since I've been reading your posts for years and value your opinion.

JayBee can you elaborate in terms of PSF and why your opinion changed? With that many units per floor and many of them quite small (compared to high end buidlings), why do you think people are throwing out the $1K number?

Most surrounding luxurious buildings (One St. Thomas, 18 yorkville, 80 Yorkville) are starting to come close to 1K a square foot. Their prices would have to jump even higher i'd assume.

This building is nice on the outside but I personally can't see that translating into such high real estate values.

I'm only asking you since I've been reading your posts for years and value your opinion.

I'm not sure why people are saying it will go for 1K+ a square foot but I think a lot of it has to do with the location...A lot of it is hype too. Some feel it will be a landmark. Basically...you say "1 Bloor" and everyone will know where that is. I guess the address carries a certain prestige as well.

I don't know if all that is true...

The units are small, but to me, the interiors and finishes are top notch. I think they chopped the building into so many units because they wanted it to sell quickly. Looking at their other buildings...I don't think Great Gulf will drop the ball here when it comes to quality and finishes. This will be their signature tower...they will go all out on it.

This is my complete unbiased opinion.

PPSF was around $750-100. $1K premium per floor

I think they should add 10 floors

....I think they should add 10 floors

I agrere - this project holds far less risk than almost any other project in the city - everyone wants to be here (location, location, location) - another 10 floors would go very quickly.

The only problem is the design would have to change to accomodate this and thats not very likely.

Last edited:
Thank you for the insight Pierre!

Do you also know if GG released the top 5 floors to previous 1Bloor purchasers?

I am too poor to even ask that question! But i am sure they would release it if someone wanted to purchase.
It was on the pricelist that was shown to me.

I'm not sure why people are saying it will go for 1K+ a square foot but I think a lot of it has to do with the location...A lot of it is hype too. Some feel it will be a landmark. Basically...you say "1 Bloor" and everyone will know where that is. I guess the address carries a certain prestige as well.

I don't know if all that is true...

The units are small, but to me, the interiors and finishes are top notch. I think they chopped the building into so many units because they wanted it to sell quickly. Looking at their other buildings...I don't think Great Gulf will drop the ball here when it comes to quality and finishes. This will be their signature tower...they will go all out on it.

This is my complete unbiased opinion.

PPSF was around $750-100. $1K premium per floor

I think they should add 10 floors

PPSF is between 750 to 850 at insider prices. I am guessing it would go up a tangible amount when the VIP prices come out tomorrow.

PPSF is between 750 to 850 at insider prices. I am guessing it would go up a tangible amount when the VIP prices come out tomorrow.

Do you think it's a good investment to get a unit here at 750PSF? Even one of the smaller ones? The Adventure and the Bliss units are what I'm referring to. Only thing is, who's going to pay $1000PSF+ for a 530sqft 1 bedroom with an OK view?

Back