One Bloor East Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

Did youo include cost of parking and storage to arrive at $ 770/sq ft. If no, then, the price will be even higher.

I don't think this average includes parking. I'll let everyone know once I see the price sheet.

Did youo include cost of parking and storage to arrive at $ 770/sq ft. If no, then, the price will be even higher.

Parking is $47,500 each available for larger units only. Locker is $4,950 each. Occupancy commencing December 2014.

Got pics on floorplans from my Realtor. I only got up to the 59th floor don't have the floorplans for 60-65th floors.

1.jpg
[/IMG]
2.jpg
[/IMG]
3.jpg
[/IMG]
4.jpg
[/IMG]
5.jpg
[/IMG]
6.jpg
[/IMG]
7.jpg
[/IMG]
8.jpg
[/IMG]
9.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for the floor plans, HiRiser. Any price list -- especially for units on floor 39 and above?

Here's the 60-65th floors (finally figured out how to post):

Bloor1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Bloor2.jpg
[/IMG]

Bloor3.jpg
[/IMG]

Bloor4.jpg
[/IMG]

Bloor5.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for posting the last of the floor plans Johnzz.

I am underwhelmed by the penthouse units. Not terrible but not outstanding. The largest unit is surprisingly not the Southwest corner suite as I would have expected. If I had been the architect, I would have moved the wall of Serenity to take a few hundred square feet from Utopia and made the corner unit the largest. Despite Utopia being the largest, the living area is made rather awkward and ends up being a wasted space.

As I said before: There seems to be no penthouse suites as we usually see, especially for such a high-end project. I still think somehow they are holding back a few floors, OR knowing full well that the height will be increased, they have the true penthouses on the back burner.

As I said before: There seems to be no penthouse suites as we usually see, especially for such a high-end project.

For what it's worth, I suspect they've held back the 66th floor (65th level) which they'll probably divide in two. But yes, I agree that these designs do not live up to the hype of "One Bloor".

I redesigned the Serenity unit the way I think it would better use the best corner of the building.

Keep in mind folks, in case you are just joining this thread here...This IS NOT A REAL FLOOR PLAN. Just what I would have rather seen.

4470175277_b5ccdd53ca_o.jpg

(Courtesy my skills :) )

Last edited:
I agree that the new One Bloor's layouts are not generally not all that impressive ... many units with wasted hallway space for no particular reason, in particular the largest unit (Utopia) has this silly load bearing wall that splits up the living room in a very odd way

definitely they could have done better on the interior layouts ... nonetheless I do like the new exterior a whole lot

Love this building. The fluid vertical lines and shapes create a real eye candy treat for these old 'boxed out' sore eyes. The balconies are fascinating. This building will look absolutely amazing on this corner.
As for the floorplans..
I just can't quite put my finger on it. How does such an irregular structure such as this manage to create such boxy compact units. Hell, even the larger 1000 plus units appear compacted, to the point that I have trouble believing the stated square footages. The bedrooms are tiny right across the board, so one would think that would make the living spaces all the bigger. ..but they are not.
I want to like them, but I just don't.
No matter. I have no intention of living here, but I am going to enjoy gazing at it in future years to come.

Love this building. The fluid vertical lines and shapes create a real eye candy treat for these old 'boxed out' sore eyes. The balconies are fascinating. This building will look absolutely amazing on this corner.
As for the floorplans..
I just can't quite put my finger on it. How does such an irregular structure such as this manage to create such boxy compact units. Hell, even the larger 1000 plus units appear compacted, to the point that I have trouble believing the stated square footages. The bedrooms are tiny right across the board, so one would think that would make the living spaces all the bigger. ..but they are not.
I want to like them, but I just don't.
No matter. I have no intention of living here, but I am going to enjoy gazing at it in future years to come.

I was thinking the same thing when I looked through the floorplans. Somehow I expected more space for the square footage numbers being quoted. I do like the external design.

The suites do seem small for the declared square footage. Also I am not sure about those large residential balconies/terraces at the lower levels (3rd and 4th floor)..I am not sure I would really enjoy a private terrace just a few feet above Yonge and Bloor.

One Bloor

What's with the microscopic bedrooms? I'm in a 730 sq. ft. in ROCP1 and very few bedrooms in this project are larger than mine.

I've been involved in the Toronto real estate market for a number of years now both as a buyer and seller. Most condos are built to the developers specifications and guidelines using exterior restrictions as set by the city which fully maximizes square footage dimensions of a building to their lot. They then have the architects squeeze as many boxes within each floor space to generate maximum profit for the building. As prices rise the size of these condos are getting smaller and very little usable space is wasted thus resulting in tiny boxes with very little open space inside. The only positive aspect of this project's small condos are the high 9 ft ceilings but again the developer will recoup whatever gains in ceiling height by increasing the price per square ft.

Back in the late 1990's, one bedrooms were 600-650 sq ft and by the early 2000's they had shrunk to 550-600 sq ft. Now you see units 500-550 sq ft... glorified closets. If they get any smaller, they will resemble the tiny condos in Asian countries such as Hong Kong and Japan where one bedroom 400 sq ft is the norm but everyone here would need to lose 50-100 lbs on average to fit on a twin bed. As others have mentioned here, these units do not have much wow factor for the prices being asked. Aura was asking about $500-$550 psf when first released and these One Bloor units are $700-$900 psf. If I was a buyer, I would wait until the building is finished and registered before making an investment purchase as I would rather see the finished product in such a speculative venture and chance a higher market price in 2015. Also, standard policy is the developer has the right to vary the size of each floor plan by as much as 5% (read fine print in hand out) and you won't know until it's completed.

The location is obviously the most valuable aspect of this development and to avoid running the prices $800-$1000 psf, the developer put more units in at the expense of tight space. The other big luxury projects such as the Ritz, Four Seasons, Shangri-la and Trump have nice layouts but those have nice $1000+ psf prices too. Those who are living in older condos or from suburban homes are often shocked when they view downtown condos. It will save you commute time (and maybe you can get rid of your car and save 10G's a year too) but you will need to recycle your clothes more often since the closet you used to have is now your bedroom. So save your pennies and be prepared to live in a shoe box and if you really must have one of these units first, there is someone (member azureray) offering a unit at 5% off the VIP price on one of the forums under real estate for sale.

Back