web_054_ajm.jpg

web_053_ajm.jpg

web_075_ajm.jpg

web_111_ajm.jpg

web_130_ajm.jpg

web_154_ajm.jpg

web_158_ajm.jpg

web_159_ajm.jpg

I'll be seeing them play DC United in May... I'll take plenty of pics.

For anyone on Facebook, check out the Toronto FC group... lots o' cool pics.

I take it the scarves were complimentary? Anyway, the stadium has a cool view of downtown. Good to see football (not the NFL variety) in Toronto. I hope this league makes it for the long haul. I'm not worried about the Toronto franchise--there are lots of football-mad foreign-born in Toronto.

I believe most of the scarves are actually season passes. Don't know the exact details but a friend of mine with season tickets told me somethign along the lines of that.

the scarf was the ticket into the first game and every season ticket holder got one with their ticket package.it had a tab on it with a bar code which was scanned and thats how you got in.

I am thinking about taking my father out to a game sometime this summer, and I'm wondering about the situation with single ticket sales. Any information/advice you guys can provide?

the next game is saturday may 12 3:30 pm against chicago but i read on supporters sites that there arent too many single tickets available.you should try ticketmaster on the day of the game you plan to go too or maybe buy off scalpers(there were alot of guys selling at the first game).you could even try bmo field box office at the day of the game.i saw alot of people doing that also.

Game Versus Chicago has only single tickets left, scattered here and there.

If you really want to see Toronto FC play, I suggest buying tickets now.

Yes, season ticket holders received a scarf with their ticket packages, which had a ticket attached to it that served as the entrance ticket.

Soccer VIPs take the TTC to watch TFC

Soccer VIPs take the TTC to watch TFC

By BRIAN GRAY - Toronto Sun

Taking The Better Way was the only way for a number of Toronto FC and league VIPs to arrive at the team's inaugural home game yesterday.

A TTC streetcar decked out in the team's red and white colours wound its way from Union Station along Queen's Quay, up Bathurst St. and across King St. W. to the Dufferin Gates of the Exhibition Grounds.

"This is unlike anything else we have," said Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber, who joined the likes of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment chairman Larry Tanenbaum, president and CEO Richard Peddie and the Sun's own corporate sports editor, George Gross, on the streetcar.

"This is our first downtown stadium so you get the feeling of the team being part of the city," Garber said.

Fans draped in red and white waved and those already at the Wheat Sheaf Tavern at King and Bathurst Sts. came outside to take pictures.

"We knew there were a lot of soccer fans in this town," MLSE senior v-p and chief operating officer Tom Anselmi said.

"But just seeing the way it's been embraced so quickly -- it's just been terrific."

Not much in Toronto sports has escaped the critique of Gross over the last 50 years -- including soccer, which he describes like the elevators at the CN Tower.

"Up and down over the last 30 or 40 years," Gross said.

But he believes Toronto FC is here to stay because of the team's strong ownership.

"Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment is a huge organization, successful in hockey, coming on in basketball and now in soccer," he said. "There's a buzz in this city."

Nope. The 504 uses it quite frequently these days in the PM peak, and that makes me wonder why the TTC did not use this loop to help serve the crowds with Fleet out of commission. I guess it was only good enough for the MLSE bigwigs.

Toronto FC will be around for a long time, I love the fact that they chose "Toronto FC" and not some stupid commercial team name.

Wow, that's totally like watching a Premiership match... very cool.

I can't seem to get two seats together for the DC United match on May 19... if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Back