Member Bio
Reaction score
DAY 1

6250183571_defc2ce0cf_b.jpg

6250705728_92610ef309_b.jpg

6250175763_bdb1e6b08e_b.jpg

6250173353_0729de47a4_b.jpg

6250702436_441e6cb23a_b.jpg

Yup, it's all the big bad corporations' fault.

"I sit at home smoking pot all day in my parents' basement, didn't go to post-secondary school, or try to get a job. It's the corporations' fault! I am the 99%!"

At least they aren't violent and destructive anarchists like the G20 scum. (Yet)

"I sit at home smoking pot all day in my parents' basement, didn't go to post-secondary school, or try to get a job. It's the corporations' fault! I am the 99%!"

Good try!
When your department is downsized and you are expected to take on the workload of two or three other people along with your own, or your one of the unlucky one's who loses their job mid-life, then you'll get it.
It's interesting to note that the biggest company in the US doesn't make a damn thing on their own shores, and that would be Apple. It's a great example of what's wrong with corporate America and why many of us will see our quality of life on these shores continue to decline as middle income jobs continue to disappear.

At least they aren't violent and destructive anarchists like the G20 scum. (Yet)

Or how about those of us who are unemployed who not only have a Bachelor's degree but also a Masters and have sent out literally hundreds of resumes in the last 18 months with the result being just one interview (which was over the phone)? I'm lucky that in Ontario the government will pay my interest on my $40,000+ student loan until I'm able to pay for it myself, but most people in my situation in other jurisdictions just aren't that lucky. I'm lucky that my partner is working two jobs, otherwise we would most likely be homeless or living in a relatives basement in a small dying town hours away from Toronto. This and what dt_toronto_geek described has sadly become reality for a lot of people. The fact is, we, as a society, can do better.

Why do you hate our cops so much?

I'm talking about the "protestors".

Good try!
When your department is downsized and you are expected to take on the workload of two or three other people along with your own, or your one of the unlucky one's who loses their job mid-life, then you'll get it.
It's interesting to note that the biggest company in the US doesn't make a damn thing on their own shores, and that would be Apple. It's a great example of what's wrong with corporate America and why many of us will see our quality of life on these shores continue to decline as middle income jobs continue to disappear.

Fair point, but Canada is not nearly in as bad a shape as the U.S. is. The OccupyWallStreet bunch I can sympathize with (though the majority of them are in fact what I described), but it has not reached that bad here.

That's the Tea Party attitude! :D

Going by the mix of interviews i have seen on occupy Wall st in NYC, and other cities, the protesters were rather a diverse group of people from senior citizens to college kids, union workers, professors, ex-bankers, airline workers, military vets, school teachers, nurses. These are not the uneducated pot smoking hippies that live in their parents basement like you just described.

It doesn't matter that Toronto is relatively better off than other places we should still be protesting corporate greed and political corruption. It's too bad the Toronto version doesn't focus on some issues that are more local like demanding better mass transportation, control of gridlock, the liveable environment etc.

Fair point, but Canada is not nearly in as bad a shape as the U.S. is. The OccupyWallStreet bunch I can sympathize with (though the majority of them are in fact what I described), but it has not reached that bad here.

Agreed, things are nowhere near as dire as in the US however Canada and the US are still the world's two largest trading partners so we're tied in pretty tight with the US which is a troubling prospect for Canada. Our corporate culture is very similar to the US, along with many companies here being owned/operated by many US companies. On the plus side Canada is considered a safe place for investment for a variety of reasons including stable government, our banking system is regarding among the world's best and we're rich in natural resources.

When I see that this "Occupy Wall Street" thingy, which supposedly had it's roots in BC (Adbusters)

be supported by The Communist Party of The United States, big labo(u)r, The American Nazi Party,

The Democratic Party - POTUS, Harry Reid, Nancey Pelosi, et al, is it not fair to say that the present

Toronto protest is aided and abetted by similar groups? I am of a mind that the likes of Paula Fletcher,

presently a Toronto City Councilor and a past President of the Communist Party of Canada, would also

be somewhat involved as would ACORN, they now being in not only this fair city, but within the rest of

Canada as well.

Kind (of) regards,
J T

Back