NXT & NXT2 Condos (Cresford Developments) - Real Estate -

19. Which makes me think that they are well ahead as originally Sept 30th was going to be the start of getting the first floor in. I would have thought 19th would have been near the end of Oct or even mid way through Nov. Still can't shake the feeling of Feb 2011 but I'm starting to think Cresford may come thru with a good commitment. We shall see. I think the great winter we had made for good unexpected progress.

Just wondering if anyone has a specific answer to this...any engineers or architects or other experts who could chime in? Thx.

Thx for your comments on the Rosa/Arancione. Since they are next to each other, do you think that being slightly further away from the tracks is tangible enough?

That's a good ques re the registration date: not sure if you could confirm which is the actual case, if you could refer to your documentation. That'll be scary if you had to wait for NXT2.

Ric or others:
Are you aware of any cases where earlier buildings in an overall development had to wait until the last building before being registered? That would be insane! Thx.

That has happened b4, buy not very often. The key is for both Towers to be developed as a " multi-phase residential development" (thus two seperate Condominium Corporation). If is developed as a "single phase building" then you will have to wait on NXT2 for registration. I doubt the latter case. All this can be found in the Disclosure Statement or by calling the sales office. I'm however 99% sure that they are seperate Corporation and thus will be registered as each is completed.

19. Which makes me think that they are well ahead as originally Sept 30th was going to be the start of getting the first floor in. I would have thought 19th would have been near the end of Oct or even mid way through Nov. Still can't shake the feeling of Feb 2011 but I'm starting to think Cresford may come thru with a good commitment. We shall see. I think the great winter we had made for good unexpected progress.

I was given September 1st and I'm on the 10th floor....
So lets see here, 9 floors in about 5 weeks (less a day) - about 2 floors per week.

Can you share what floor is that? Thx.

I was given September 1st and I'm on the 10th floor....
So lets see here, 9 floors in about 5 weeks (less a day) - about 2 floors per week.

Working backwards, that would mean 3/f would be occupying on Aug 3 (and forwards, 27/f on Nov 7)...does that make sense? Or would you assume that the occupancy dates will be in batches of floors instead of a specific date for each floor?

The units at NXT/2 do not come with parking or a locker, these need to be purchased seperately....I bought a unit in September and opted for a parking spot ($20K) but did not go for the locker, and I'm not sure how much they will be selling for...I assume about $5K.

Was locker outright available for purchase when you bought? Buyers now can only be put on a 'waiting list', which makes me feel that there is a fat chance I could eventually buy one.

EDIT: what is this plant to the west of the development? Coordinates are 43.633781,-79.480119 on google map. Will it have any effect?

Seems to be a sewage treatment plant, although I walked around the area and it did not have any negative impact.

I noticed some power lines to the west of NXT, they appear to be west of NXT2: do you think that is of concern for ppl living in NXT or NXT2?
attachment.php

Also, the brochure mentioned that NXT2 was supposed to have 25 storeys, but now it appears to have only 22; in addition, the occupancy date for NXT2 has been delayed from Mar 30, 2011 (fat chance!) to possibly the end of 2011. What do you make of these?

Would really like input on the power lines and reduced height for NXT2.

Working backwards, that would mean 3/f would be occupying on Aug 3 (and forwards, 27/f on Nov 7)...does that make sense? Or would you assume that the occupancy dates will be in batches of floors instead of a specific date for each floor?

Curious about this also.

Thx!

I would really disregard everything from the above post...
Power lines are not a health concern...drive up throught the suburbs around the GTA and talk to the hundreds of thousands of residents that have these up in their backyards.

With regards to the location....seems like someone needs to be off their head to believe this isn't one of the best in the city being only a few steps from high park, the lake and right on the street car line that connects you with King/Queen Sts.

Take responses on here with a grain of salt (inclusing my own) - everyone believes they are real estate experts and ypu will get two sides at all time - 1. NXT purchaser, like myself, that believes this is the greatest new complex oin the city or 2. Someone who decided not to buy or couldn't afford the unit proce and will spend their days bashing what is obviously a great development.

Just my opinion.

^Ha, I live right across the street from High Park, and a 2 minute walk to 2 subway stations.:) I also have an unobstructed city and lake view but fortunately no power transmission lines are nearby....

Haha, that would explain why you're ragging on NXT, an area competitor. j/k ;)

Well, the power lines are ugly, but it's only of concern for NXT2 buyers facing west. I'm actually more concerned about the supposed cancer concerns...it seems to be just theories and weak theories at that, that they could have any health concerns.

Not only are power lines ugly but they're bad for your heath and resale vallue. Stay away. NXT is an attractive aA-designed building, but the location sucks. Why not just buy a house in Mimico instead?

Mimico? Maybe because its a couple decades away from being an inviting community? Also like others have mentioned NXT is a prime location with many hot spots near by (The Humber Trail, Sunnyside, Colbourne Lodge, High Park and more coming in the next year). As for the power lines they are ugly but as for it being a health concern that was the case in the 70's when studies were lacking advanced science research like today's. No Health Risk here just a ton of fun. Also dose your place that is "close to High Park" have indoor and outdoor pool's, tennis courts? If so I'd love to get the location as I am not aware of any others like NXT. Thanks.

^Yes, both indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, etc. There's two convenience stores within 30 seconds of my front door, two cool indie coffee shops within 2-5 minutes' walk, Eastern European grocery stores and three fresh fruit and vegetable stands minutes from my place. I'm also conveniently located across the street from an excellent school, there's more good schools within 10 minutes' walk, daycare centres, incredible parks with good sledding hills, trails, beautiful century old homes to oggle, very wealthy people around here (my neighbour is a real estate broker with 3 brand new luxury cars), yuppies, churches, community centres, libraries, you name it they're here.:D

The only thing missing? aA architecture--although if you include Home (with a Starbucks and Pet Store), which is about a 5 minute walk from my place, then that satisfies the Clewesians amongst us....

The final amenity missing from your chosen home? A Tim Horton's. Mine is conveniently located at Keele and Bloor, open 24 hours.:D

Last edited:
^Yes, both indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, etc. There's two convenience stores within 30 seconds of my front door, two cool indie coffee shops within 2-5 minutes' walk, Eastern European grocery stores and three fresh fruit and vegetable stands minutes from my place. I'm also conveniently located across the street from an excellent school, there's more good schools within 10 minutes' walk, daycare centres, incredible parks with good sledding hills, trails, beautiful century old homes to oggle, very wealthy people around here (my neighbour is a real estate broker with 3 brand new luxury cars), yuppies, churches, community centres, libraries, you name it they're here.:D

The only thing missing? aA architecture--although if you include Home (with a Starbucks and Pet Store), which is about a 5 minute walk from my place, then that satisfies the Clewesians amongst us....

The final amenity missing from your chosen home? A Tim Horton's. Mine is conveniently located at Keele and Bloor, open 24 hours.:D

Wow!! sounds like quite the place! certainly not Mimico. Sounds like a place that I would like to live in, is it the place above the Starbucks and Pet Store? I didnt get the location clearly of where this is. My Timmies is in the 24 hour Sobeys which is not too far but also not a deal breaker for me. Careful with the caffeine it can be very harmful, haha.

Back