News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.8K     2 

NW corner Yonge and Dundas (formerly the Gap, future condo site, ?)

I'll miss the sidewalk entrance. It's the only way to get on or off SB Yonge trains conveniently without being nauseated by the overpowering stench of Lush when using the Eaton Centre way.

They cannot just drop a condo at Yonge and Dundas. Any building that is built here should at least make a go of fitting into the theme of the area, so that would mean a business storefront on Yonge and Dundas sides, 3 or 4 floors high. Also LED boards, the most up to date kind, found in Times Square and Shinjuku. And a standout design, that is befitting this prime and rich bit of land.

They cannot just drop a condo at Yonge and Dundas. Any building that is built here should at least make a go of fitting into the theme of the area, so that would mean a business storefront on Yonge and Dundas sides, 3 or 4 floors high. Also LED boards, the most up to date kind, found in Times Square and Shinjuku. And a standout design, that is befitting this prime and rich bit of land.

I agree, but then again look what they have proposed for around the corner at Dundas square...Yuk

Hey, if the city let Penequity build something as monumentally disastrous as Metropolis, what will make this any different?

I will be so glad to see that media tower gone. From day one, that tower was ugly as hell, with all its inner workings exposed and the bottom 1/3 not even covered by anything. I have never seen such a badly finished media tower anywhere in the world. At minimum, they should have been forced to cover the whole tower with ads and not leave all that clutter exposed to the crowds walking by.

If you're going to do something, for god's sake, do it right. Are you listening Metropolis and City TV?

Those advertisements used to be right next to my window when I worked at Atrium on Bay. I think they had some mannequins clambering onto a ladder suspended from a helicopter. It was an interesting sight... maybe it's still there. I guess if I ever come back I might be looking into someone's bedroom? :p

The site's very small and close to AOB. I guess this might get approved before the Yonge Street plan gets put into place (if it ever will), but still, it will be quite tricky to pull off while providing adequate space around the subway station. Not to mention the fact that XXI is in a designated building. I think Pickle Barrel is part of AOB, so this would be just the XXI and Guess property.

I don't mean to rain on everyone's parade... but... this guy is the same guy that has spoken about the "100 storey" tower at Yonge and Bloor as well as the two 80 store condo buildings apparently to be built by Oxford.

Problem being is that Oxford doesn't really do residential.

Furthermore and in regards to this site... I'd be shocked if you could fit a condo tower here, shocked if the city and the bia would allow a condo tower here and maybe we should all stop listening to stop dude who has 100 followers and twitter and just seems to tweet stuff without having a SHRED of f'ing proof?

Its like ppl are taking crazy pills listening to this guy.

Believe it or not. Oxford does do residential. Just not, residential, in the way we are use to. (here?)

BTW: Oxford owns Cumberland Terrace, which is going to be partially residential, and it hasn't even been released yet. And you know what's going on in Yorkville right now.

Yup. They own 5 (count em) 5 "rental" buildings in Toronto.

not condo's. This guy is full of $hit.

http://www.oxfordresidential.ca/en-us/aboutus.aspx

And no I don't know what's going on in Yorkville right now... what I do know is that one dude on twitter tweets the most inane, insane stuff and ppl believe its true. Show me an application and I'll eat crow. until then I call total BS.

How is a condo bldg going to work here? There is a subway station underneath, beyond a myriad of other issues.

Yup. They own 5 (count em) 5 "rental" buildings in Toronto.

not condo's. This guy is full of $hit.

http://www.oxfordresidential.ca/en-us/aboutus.aspx

And no I don't know what's going on in Yorkville right now... what I do know is that one dude on twitter tweets the most inane, insane stuff and ppl believe its true. Show me an application and I'll eat crow. until then I call total BS.

How is a condo bldg going to work here? There is a subway station underneath, beyond a myriad of other issues.

I'm just saying Yorkville is the hot place in Toronto now, so if Oxford does own this Cumberland Terrace Project....

They have released a proposal, but as we all know proposals can change. Before I would call it BS, I'd wait and see what is released next. - Any proposal is BS until construction starts I guess...

______

btw I don't think the subway would be a difference in a 47 floor condo or a 80 floor condo.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about Cumberland Terrace. I'm talking about Yonge and Dundas - with a station underneath - how are they going to build foundations for a condo...

And this dude's proposed 80 storey dev at Yonge and Bloor has no location - he just magically says stuff.

There are too many holes in too many of his tweets... This, 100 storey's at Yonge and Bloor, 80 storey double tower at Yonge and Bloor... not buying anything he's selling.

Yes, you are right.

Also, as a side note, I'm pretty HR Developments (Atrium on Bay) own the entire superblock (including the Forever XXII). So I'd put this proposal in the can for now.

amazing stuff... I've always pictured this site to be something tall, and something to further complete the look/feel of Yonge Dundas.
Whatever they build here, i want some flashy exterior tv's/advertisements near the bottom, and glass atop!... times square-esque for sure.

Somehow, to build that huge and everything here might as well involve the partial demolition of Atrium On Bay--or even of the whole thing?

Back