News   Aug 30, 2024
 163     2 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 846     1 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Nuit Blanche 2010

We didn't go this year because nothing seemed worth seeing. I get the feeling though that Nuit Blanche needs to be one part art, one part Buskerfest. I feel like more street performances or interaction would really enhance the program. I get it that this is supposed to be art and somewhat out there but I get the feeling that it's getting very difficult for anyone to pull off anything worthwhile in the 12 hours they have to do it. From comments in here and my own past experiences there seems to be a lot of stuff seeming incomplete or rushed. There are also some great pedestrian friendly parts of the city (like the Waterfront and the Distillery) not being used for some reason.

We went to the "Nuit Market Starring The Toronto Weston Flea Market" in Victoria Lane. The Lane is a laneway for deliveries located 2 blocks to the east of Dundas and Yonge; running from Gould to Dundas.

I thought it was quite neat to see and attend and we supported a couple of the vendors.

So, I'll take you on a walk through it...

DSC_0752.jpg

DSC_0753.jpg

DSC_0757.jpg

CSC_0790.jpg

CSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0758.jpg

CSC_0794.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0778.jpg

Not when I was there. Rats!

Presumably they must have alternated nudes--otherwise, how could someone have stood there nekkid for 12 hours straight--but interesting if they weren't consistent with the gender balance. (And an interesting psychological question, of how two females "register" to the beholder relative to a male and female...)

Back