News   Mar 28, 2024
 257     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 634     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 376     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Update..

Does anyone know how to fix a weak signal/scrambled channel message on the TV? TV is out and I prefer not to go all Jack Torrance here...

I have chills, fatigue, sore throat, runny nose and a cough. I was lucky enough to snag a room at the Toronto Voluntary Isolation Centre.
My isolation after my initial five days of chills and sore throat (the legal requirement in the UK) was in the garden at the https://www.thehareandhound.co.uk/ in Layer Breton. Sitting with my pint, keeping my distance.

Last edited:
Looks like my isolation may be extended.

I just took a test in advance of a call from TPH. Turns out 5 days later I'm still positive...

20220430_060620.jpg

I think it is isolation for 5 days from initial positive/symptoms, and you may test positive on the RAT for some time longer.

Hey peeps!

For those who have tested positive recently and recovered, anything I should know or expect?

TPH strongly recommended I work from home but it is a weekend and trying to get approval for that would be impossible at the moment. I was thinking of heading into the office on Monday but wanted others takes on doing so.

From what I was reading, while I no longer need to isolate I am still minimally contagious for the next few days while I shed some of the virus. Is this something I need to worry about or is it something that is a minor concern?

TIA guys!

Hey peeps!

For those who have tested positive recently and recovered, anything I should know or expect?

TPH strongly recommended I work from home but it is a weekend and trying to get approval for that would be impossible at the moment. I was thinking of heading into the office on Monday but wanted others takes on doing so.

From what I was reading, while I no longer need to isolate I am still minimally contagious for the next few days while I shed some of the virus. Is this something I need to worry about or is it something that is a minor concern?

TIA guys!
I worked from home from two weeks (didn't take any time off work). I had a lingering cough. It still crops up now and then and I was infected a bit over a month ago.

If you are positive on a rapid test you are still contagious. The five day period we hear about is arbitrary.
PCR, yes. antigen is just detecting bits of the virus, the virus might already be dead and your body is still cleaning it up.

From what TPH told me, I will continue to test positive for the next 3 months while my body sheds the viral load.
As Afransen said, PCR tests remain positive for a long time, but rapid tests give a better indication of how contagious you are. It's hard to believe how garbled public health messaging has been since the beginning of this pandemic, here and in the U.S. My business partner and I became negative on rapid tests after 9 or 10 days.

As Afransen said, PCR tests remain positive for a long time, but rapid tests give a better indication of how contagious you are. It's hard to believe how garbled public health messaging has been since the beginning of this pandemic, here and in the U.S. My business partner and I became negative on rapid tests after 9 or 10 days.

The funny part was that I told TPH I tested positive on a rapid test yesterday. They said I was fine to resume regular activities.

Back