News   Jul 15, 2024
 660     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 814     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 616     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I'm double vaxxed, and had covid last month on top of it (medium symptoms), so I'm good to go. I still wear a mask when I go into places, but I'm not personally concerned about the virus anymore.
That’s pretty much my mindset. I’ll mask to protect the weak, but now that I’m triple vaxed followed by two weeks of mild Covid I just don’t have much concern.

It has been established that pretty much only an Omicron infection protects from an Omicron reinfection, and then only partially. Assuming a person received three vaccine doses, having had another variant gives them little additional immunity. There was no logical reason to eliminate mask mandates at this stage.
That’s pretty much my mindset. I’ll mask to protect the weak, but now that I’m triple vaxed followed by two weeks of mild Covid I just don’t have much concern.
Same. I'm doing it to protect my husband. He either didn't catch it at all when I got it or was asymptomatic, but I can't be sure. Also there is a large proportion of old people at Manulife (I mean old enough to use a walker). Not that they are necessarily careful themselves!

AFAIK I haven't gotten COVID yet. I'm not really anxious to accelerate the timeline, as being infected now doesn't much help with reinfection down the road.

My business partner caught COVID this week despite being boosted and wearing N95s. He was working as a project lead at a client's office. He really didn't have to be there, but they hold the outdated view that working from home is inherently less secure.

Edit: And a couple of days later, the No. 2 person for this project, who was supposed to replace my business partner as lead, can no longer go because her husband has COVID; she had to be replaced with her own business partner. And the colleague who was supposed to assist her also has COVID and can't go either; it's a ridiculous mess. All those people are outside suppliers because the client does not have resources internally. Fortunately, my business partner has minor symptoms and can work on another project... at home.

Last edited:
From link.

In 2018, influenza resulted in 8,592 deaths, in 2020 it was 5,931.

In 2018 and 2019, COVID-19 resulted in zero deaths, in 2020 it was 16,151.

In 2020, malignant neoplasms (cancer) resulted in 80,973 deaths.

From 2018 to today, there were 37,690 deaths from COVID-19 in Canada, in total.

Back