News   Aug 14, 2024
 182     0 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 598     1 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 2.3K     3 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

What I do feel really unfortunate is how the term "truckers" are being used - when an overwhelming majority of them are vaxxed and working. An entire line of occupation is being smeared just because of the actions of these malcontents.
I refuse to call them truckers. They are antivax/anti-restriction protestors. I doubt very many of them are even truckers, and they certainly don't represent truck drivers as a whole.

I refuse to call them truckers. They are antivax/anti-restriction protestors. I doubt very many of them are even truckers, and they certainly don't represent truck drivers as a whole.

Same, they are malcontents (not even just antivax). One day it would be vaccination, another would be something else.

AoD

But that any veteran would support a cause driven heavily by Pat King is beyond me. The man lied publicly for years that his leg was lost to an IED in Afghanistan. Except he never served, and he lost it ignoring medical treatment too long after falling off a roof (some reports say drunk). Stolen Valour is a huge no-no, and instantly destroys a person’s character in the eyes of veterans.

Except that we actually have 3 of the organizers who were ex-forces/uniformed and a whole supposed cadre of retired members involved. The willingness to tolerate the official involvement by someone with Stolen Valour in the leadership makes you wonder just how seriously they take it, or whether it is one of these "inconvenient things" they could overlook so long as it fits their own agenda (plus the useful idiots stuff - cosplaying wannabes were used as cover/distraction until they weren't useful anymore - e.g. in a certain notorious 20th c. authoritarian regime)

AoD

Isn't this a racial slur?
They’re hardly slurs, but they are cultural, like Limey.

As an Englishman who once dated an Italian, I‘m a proud mungicake, and a cracker too.

the-best-funny-pictures-of-funny-grocery-store-signs-mexican-chinese-crackers-400x302.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not anglo saxon so I won't use it. Feel free to be proud of it, but it is a derogatory term for a group of people. Sorry for going on a tangent, was just a bit surprised to see it used so casually.

Of course not. They just want to be able to go to Tim Horton’s without a mask, because it’s just not fair otherwise. :rolleyes:

Is it even about masking or mandates in general anymore? It's fairly apparent that it's used as a pretext/distraction - a cover to legitimize far more questionable motivations. Just look up the backgrounds of the organizer and their history - it's goes far, far beyond opposition to public health measures. And then we have Randy Hillier and his antics - he actually called on supporters to flood 911 with fake calls:

AoD

Last edited:
I don’t think the organizers ever really thought it was about the mandates. That was an excuse to get people to sign on. The organizers saw an opportunity to stir the pot and maybe make some cash on the side.

But it all quickly fell apart as good reasoning right at the beginning when it was pointed out that even if Trudeau lifted vaccine requirements, the US still had them. Then the excuse switched to masks etc. I listened to many protestors and no two had the same answer as to just exactly what they were protesting, apart from F*** Trudeau. But somehow many of them seem to think that all would be right in the world if they could sit in a restaurant. Or something. They have a problem differentiating between rights and privilege.

Last edited:
I don’t think the organizers ever really thought it was about the mandates. That was an excuse to get people to sign on. The organizers saw an opportunity it’s to stir the pot and maybe make some cash on the side.

But it all quickly fell apart as good reasoning right at the beginning when it was pointed out that even if Trudeau lifted vaccine requirements, the US still had them. Then the excuse switched to masks etc. I listened to many protestors and no two had the same answer as to just exactly what they were protesting, apart from F*** Trudeau. But somehow many of them seem to think that all would be right in the world if they could sit in a restaurant. Or something. They have a problem differentiating between rights and privilege.

Which is why I think the financial aspects tabled is paramount - follow the money. I have a feeling that's also why some politicians are howling like mad right now about it. The unusual howls from Fox and certain quarters in the US (which usually don't give two ***ts about Canada) is particularly odd as well - definitely suggestive of far, far deeper involvement - either as instigators, or as opportunists wanting to inflame the situation. I would consider that a national security issue - and it is imperative to get to the bottom of it.

I think as a country we might need to contemplate some rather unpleasant and previously unthinkable scenarios - and be ready to deal with them.

AoD

Last edited:
All those funds in Go-Fund-Me, GiveSendGo, and other far-right crowd funding schemes should be used to compensate the businesses and residents, who were negatively affected by the "Freedom Convoy", and to help pay for the police, towing, etc. used in the clearing operation. Anything leftover should be sent to the nurses, doctors, and others affected by COVID-19.

From CTV:

I wonder how much does a Senator makes a year?

AoD

Back