News   Apr 26, 2024
 944     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 261     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 771     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Random observation. I think the UK ahead of us in Delta wave. Schools in Scotland went mid-August and they have now just recently passed their Delta peak. Hospitalisations and deaths lagging, but on same trajectory. Travelling Tabby

travellingtabby.jpg

LOL if that name matches any of your official gov't photo ID!
Just an obscure reference to a very short-lived UK TV show from 1974 that weirdly caught on with my toddler daughter in the mid-2010s. The QR will take you to the wikipedia entry for it. Though I should've maybe linked to a YouTube vid of the opening credits:

It changes and adds the QR code when it goes into your wallet

Did you leave out the part where it data mines everything on your phone, reads and analyses all your social media posts and financial transactions and sends real-time location data and live audio feed on you to CSIS?

Just asking for a friend............

LOL

So downloading the vaccine receipt to your Apple Wallet is great, but restaurants may still require paper proof as they don’t have the scanning equipment yet. This happened to my spouse today.

Some restaurants especially the fast food ones, are closing the dining rooms so the staff doesn't have to deal with this nonsense until the enhanced vaccine certificate and verification app is available on October 22.

With the Wallet, you can scan the code with a phone but perhaps they need it to link to some app for record keeping purposes?

So is the point of the passport to strongly encourage the remaining unvaccinated to finally take the plunge?

Given the talk about "gentle enforcement", it's probably more bark than bite. And his worship is already doing the nudge-nudge wink-wink about ending the scheme.

AoD

Some restaurants especially the fast food ones, are closing the dining rooms so the staff doesn't have to deal with this nonsense until the enhanced vaccine certificate and verification app is available on October 22.

Interestingly, I was coming down from North Bay on Monday and two Tim's, not close enough to likely be the same franchisee, were open for drive-thru only. I don't know if it is related to your suggestion since most walk-in traffic is take out, but it struck me curious.
So is the point of the passport to strongly encourage the remaining unvaccinated to finally take the plunge?

Probably an unstated side benefit.

I assume whatever app is used by the retailer to read the QR will locally store the data for contact tracing purposes (or send the code of your microchip to Bill Gates).

And here we go.......... Not even 24 hours, and already restaurant workers are being bullied and harassed. Employees are just doing their job. It’s not like restaurant workers are on some personal mission to keep anti-vaxxers out.

Back