News   Apr 24, 2024
 151     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 476     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 3K     7 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

No, under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, only health providers can ask to see your health card.
Even more extreme example, Wimbledon is a large scale enforcement example too. https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/visit_and_tickets/covid19_entry_requirements.html
- Full vaccination (first and second dose)... - A valid photo ID...
What about the photo ID card part of drivers licence (which people can also get without the driving part)?
https://www.iheartradio.ca/580-cfra...-out-a-provincial-vaccine-passport-1.15629833
... some have called for local “vaccine passports,” perhaps in the form of a digital app, that would allow people to show proof of vaccination at businesses and events.
Toronto Mayor John Tory has called for such a system to be developed, as has the Toronto Region Board of Trade.
Ford - "We're not gonna have a split society".
Other than a few people with very specific health conditions, who I doubt would be out attending these kind of events anyway, the people not getting vaccinated are the ones voluntarily choosing to give the rest of us (that is, sane people) a good reason to want to keep them away from us.

If not for some such purpose, then why were those paper slips given to us after getting the second dose? As a souvenir to frame and hang on the wall?

Last edited:
I just heard a minute ago on Your Morning that Barbados is changing its rules to allow mixed vaccinations.

I imagine it will take some time for everything to shake out.

Barbados reverses on their previous position and is now accepting people with mixed doses as fully vaccinated.

I guess the PR contributed towards them instantly changing course.

We are officially in step 3 of reopening!

Here's who preceded us. Source: New York Times. (Not paying attention to NF - the numbers are too small.)

Our vaccination rates are still far from enough to prevent an increase due to the Delta variant. But we'll see!

Capture d’écran 2021-07-16 101527.jpg

What about the photo ID card part of drivers licence (which people can also get without the driving part)?
https://www.iheartradio.ca/580-cfra...-out-a-provincial-vaccine-passport-1.15629833

Ford - "We're not gonna have a split society".
Other than a few people with very specific health conditions, who I doubt would be out attending these kind of events anyway, the people not getting vaccinated are the ones voluntarily choosing to give the rest of us (that is, sane people) a good reason to want to keep them away from us.

If not for some such purpose, then why were those paper slips given to us after getting the second dose? As a souvenir to frame and hang on the wall?
I scanned my family's first and second dose receipts onto my smartphone, with a backup on the cloud. Just in case.

CDC Director Walensky: 'This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated

From link.

Amid an uptick in coronavirus cases across the country (USA), members of the White House COVID-19 response team on Friday warned that communities with low vaccination rates will continue to see a preventable rise in cases, hospitalizations and deaths from the disease.

“This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said during a press briefing. “We are seeing outbreaks of cases in parts of the country that have low vaccination rates because unvaccinated people are at risk.”

The CDC reported more than 33,000 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, with the nation’s seven-day average (26,300) up nearly 70 percent from the previous week. The seven-day average of hospital admissions (2,790) is up more than 35 percent. And after weeks of declines, the seven-day average for daily deaths, now 211, is up more than 25 percent.
Walensky said communities that are fully vaccinated are “generally faring well.”

“The good news is that if you are fully vaccinated, you are protected against COVID hospitalization and death and are even protected against the known variants, including the Delta variant circulating in this country,” she said. “If you are not vaccinated, you remain at risk.”

Walensky added: “Our biggest concern is that we are going to see preventable cases, hospitalizations and even deaths among the unvaccinated.”

More than 608,000 Americans have died from complications due to COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
According to the CDC, more than 56 percent of Americans age 12 and older have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including nearly 80 percent of the population age 65 and older.

But there have been recent outbreaks reported in states and counties where vaccinations have lagged.

“The bottom line continues to be very, very simple,” White House COVID-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients said. “Unvaccinated Americans are not protected against serious illness, hospitalization and death.”

“Each COVID-19 death is tragic,” Zients added, “and those happening now are even more tragic because they are preventable.”

Ontario is reporting 176 cases of #COVID19 and nearly 21,400 tests completed. Not surprisingly, numbers creeping up as the Delta is so much more easily spread. Let's hope vaccinations keep increasing too!

1626532792013.png

1626533064068.png

Last edited:

Back