News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 561     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

He must have got it this morning. He certainly didn’t get it on the weekend in the news clips I saw. Did he finally let his wife cut it?

I am trying to find a place for second dose AZ. It’s like a treasure hunt. The pharmacy staff have no info as to supply or delivery dates.

I am trying to find a place for second dose AZ. It’s like a treasure hunt. The pharmacy staff have no info as to supply or delivery dates.

I know the best vaccine was the one you are offered first but honestly, I am starting to wonder if that messaging was the brightest idea.

The first vaccine offered to alot of people was AZ, then Moderna which are both now having supply issues leading to mixing and matching so people will get a second dose.

Vaccine shopping is not the best idea BUT I did my research before getting vaccinated in terms of potential supply issues. When I heard the City of Toronto Mass Immunization clinics were exclusively Pfizer I decided to hold out and wait longer for a vaccine I knew would not be in short supply.

Vaccine shopping is bad, but I wanted to ensure I can get my second dose on time without issue

He must have got it this morning. He certainly didn’t get it on the weekend in the news clips I saw. Did he finally let his wife cut it?

My business partner gave up on the hunt and registered for a Pfizer vaccine instead of a second AZ. Not sure what he did on the provincial website, but he's being sent to Cloverdale Mall (he lives at Bay and Bloor...) My own second-dose appointment will be six weeks earlier than scheduled, this coming Sunday, at the Convention Centre. My first was at St. Michael's, but no word from them so I didn't wait.

My business partner gave up on the hunt and registered for a Pfizer vaccine instead of a second AZ. Not sure what he did on the provincial website, but he's being sent to Cloverdale Mall (he lives at Bay and Bloor...) My own second-dose appointment will be six weeks earlier than scheduled, this coming Sunday, at the Convention Centre. My first was at St. Michael's, but no word from them so I didn't wait.
My preference is not to mix and match. We have been checking with the pharmacy where we got our first dose who have been as helpful as possible given the lack of information to date. I’m still good for a few weeks so hopefully it will get sorted. If not, mixing it is!

A friend of mine went to a Shoppers and got herself on the waitlist. The next day (Saturday) there were 4 cancellations and they called her in. However, it was Pfizer vaccine. Are any of the clinics providing AZ anymore?

Are any of the clinics providing AZ anymore?

My guess is that they are all out now given the earlier limited supply. Moderna is also running out as evidenced by the issues in Halton.

I don't think there has been any AZ and minimal Moderna shipments recently.

A friend of mine went to a Shoppers and got herself on the waitlist. The next day (Saturday) there were 4 cancellations and they called her in. However, it was Pfizer vaccine. Are any of the clinics providing AZ anymore?
As far as I can tell, only pharmacies. One I spoke to was hoping to get a shipment tomorrow. Elliott did announce a shipment last week.

From the Globe - on local PPE production from a business perspective:

There is a way around that - prohibit or severely limit PPE import.

AoD
I have been ordering from Vitacore in B.C. (vitacore.ca) after reading about them. Their "N99" respirators fit very well.

Back