News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 560     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Cases keep dropping, albeit at a slower rate this week. That’s to be expected as we reach the “bottom” though. Looking forward to seeing Tuesday’s number.

Given we're knocking on 70% of 12+ 1-dose vaccinated, you'd think cases would be cratering faster. Second doses are going to come pretty quickly. I would expect to be over 50% fully vaccinated in 4-6 weeks.

Given we're knocking on 70% of 12+ 1-dose vaccinated, you'd think cases would be cratering faster. Second doses are going to come pretty quickly. I would expect to be over 50% fully vaccinated in 4-6 weeks.
The 2-week delay for vaccines to become effective might have something to do with it.

Ontario is reporting 525 cases of #COVID19 and nearly 15,200 tests completed.

Not that many tests but then again people would have rather been outside this weekend as opposed to getting tested.

I will only think we are out of the thick of it once we have a steady 100 or less cases a day.

Ontario is reporting 525 cases of #COVID19 and nearly 15,200 tests completed.

Of note, we finally see the ICU count dropping under 500, to 497.

Also

1623079766939.png

Not that many tests but then again people would have rather been outside this weekend as opposed to getting tested.

I will only think we are out of the thick of it once we have a steady 100 or less cases a day.
We seem to be halving case counts every 14 days or so, so maybe by mid- to late-July we'll be under 100 cases/day.

Both the wife and I have had our second doses moved up two months. Next on my wish list is a haircut. I was flipping around the news channels and noticed that John Tory got a haircut. If there was any chatter on it I missed it.

Back