News   Jul 29, 2024
 375     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 128     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 524     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

This site has been referenced before but I post it again as they really have LOTS of comparative covid figures:

I wonder how India's COVID-19 cases are so low compared to their population, or is it a matter of low rates of testing in a poor country?

Moving into December I feel Ontario doesn’t have a credible plan for the holiday season. Quebec seems to have created something more realistic.

Ontario actually has a low rate of infection per 100,000 by other provincial standards but it’s too high so I hope numbers dip a bit because they will surge in the new year. Compliance around indoor gatherings at Christmas/New years I feel will be incredibly low. I doubt more than 30% of households will spend Christmas / New Years entirely in their own household bubble

Peel is far outpacing Toronto in terms of cases. I would be interested in seeing the case numbers for Halton and York in the near future.

On a per capita basis, Peel is running well over 2x the number of Toronto, while York region is up around 3x.

York appears to have flown under the radar based on fewer total cases, but at 200+ per day and only 1.1M people, compared to Toronto's 3M .....

Back