News   Aug 08, 2024
 359     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 401     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Does this ever look bad in hindsight...................

Can't really let this one go, I was one here, and there were many others, from early on, saying LTC is where the focus should be..........

Message from Porter Airlines:

We're extending our temporary suspension of flights until June 29. With many border restrictions, government-imposed stay-at-home orders & bans on non-essential travel expected to remain in place for a number of weeks, we're aligning our approach with public health guidance.

An interesting US report on a small Canadian AI firm that had early insight into Covid-19.

That firm, Bluedot informed its clients including Humber River Regional, early on, about the potential threat.

Does make one wonder if all of the Ontario clients shared the information, and how that informed early action.

There are 4 sets of criteria on the open up.

On Virus Containment, using their criteria, 2 out of 3 have been met; the other is (hospital admissions) will likely fall into line next week).

On Health System Capacity, we're fine, with roughly 80% of ICU capacity available.

On Public Health Capacity, I'm not sure, I haven't seen those numbers; though as new cases decline this goal should be achievable in the near-term, if it hasn't been met yet.

On Tracking, not sure where they are at yet.

I would read this, tenatively to suggest phase 1 opening by mid-May, if things continue track well.

Best case for full opening is likely Canada Day (though theoretically mid-June is possible) but more likely mid-July.

Not including any dates makes the plan more credible. It is also mostly public-health- and not economy-oriented - Ford continues to surprise me.

In my case, it hardly matters - my husband is part of a vulnerable group, so I need to be essentially as careful as he is; he hasn't been out in 50 days. There would have to be no new cases for a while for me to even consider resuming a normal life. Early fall, maybe, but who knows.

Looking scruffy always got me MORE attention!

? truuuuue

I guess it depends on where I'm rolling....come to think of it, I think what may actually be keeping the ladies off me right now is the fact that I've basically spent the last 6 weeks alone, except for the one or two work colleagues I've seen at work.

Ok, so plagues are where it's at to keep the ravenous ladies at bay. Tricky.

I'm just remembering all the times I've been told that looking like a crazed bush man is hot. Suuure, whatever you say lady....I can't even look at myself in the mirror looking like this.

No accounting for taste eh? ;)

Last edited:
Best case for full opening is likely Canada Day (though theoretically mid-June is possible) but more likely mid-July.

What the hell are you talking about?! Canada Day is on a Wednesday this year. Me and the boys made the call already....one week up north, forget this essential business we're operating. Don't you mid-July me. :p

Personally I feel like this is all going too slow. I get the need to be cautious but once people get a taste of freedom after so long the floodgates will open.

By the looks of things we should have a full opening by the end of the summer. You cannot go glacially slow while other countries across the world start a full reopening.

If politicians go too slow while other countries reopen sooner public perception could quickly go from glowing review to political suicide.

Back