News   Apr 24, 2024
 963     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 623     0 

Nordstrom

Nice store, but expensive, i saw pair of jeans i paid $100 for in the states over the summer. The same pair is $275 at Nordstrom :eek:

I was just there at lunch for the first time. Great store. And the sales staff are amazing. So unlike any Canadian store in their helpfullness.

I visited Saks and Nordstrom for the first time on the same afternoon this week (mostly the men's sections). Although they share some brands, Saks seems to be a lot more "out there" fashion-wise. And more expensive of course.

Nordstrom was a much more pleasant store to visit; it manages to be luxurious and unpretentious at the same time. The ambient music helps in that regard. I also had the best chai latte ever in their ground floor café. At least I could afford that!

I went yesterday and was quite impressed. Very discerning in what they carry and indeed helpful, friendly staff.

I was also surprised how much smaller it feels than Sears as much of the north part has been chopped-off for Uniqlo, etc.

Some stuff is actually reasonably priced, but most isn't.

It felt different than other TO department stores and that's probably in their favour.

I went yesterday and was quite impressed. Very discerning in what they carry and indeed helpful, friendly staff.

I was also surprised how much smaller it feels than Sears as much of the north part has been chopped-off for Uniqlo, etc.

Some stuff is actually reasonably priced, but most isn't.

It felt different than other TO department stores and that's probably in their favour.

"Modestly priced" is relative. Nordstrom is within budget (to a certain extent) for many 30 and 40-something professionals compared to Saks.

I was just there at lunch for the first time. Great store. And the sales staff are amazing. So unlike any Canadian store in their helpfullness.

I always wonder how people can say a new store's staff were so "amazing and helpful". Its up to the staff member themselves to be that way. What is the "training" they get that is so different than the last retail job they worked at Holt Renfrew, The Bay or whatever?

I always wonder how people can say a new store's staff were so "amazing and helpful". Its up to the staff member themselves to be that way. What is the "training" they get that is so different than the last retail job they worked at Holt Renfrew, The Bay or whatever?

A good store fires bad employees.

I doubt in the long run their customer service will be better than anyone else.

And generous return policies tend to get abused, and eventually scaled back.

Generally I avoid these higher end fashion retailers because I think they are stupid and excessive. But I have been to a few of them to buy gifts for others (The Bay, Holt's, Harry Rosen, etc.) and have never had any bad customer service experiences.

"Modestly priced" is relative. Nordstrom is within budget (to a certain extent) for many 30 and 40-something professionals compared to Saks.

They said "reasonably", not "modestly'. And Saks and Norstrom offer pretty much the same clothes.

Back