Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Nicholas Residences 
75 St Nicholas Street, Toronto
Developer: Urban Capital Property Group, ALIT Developments

Nicholas Residences (Urban Capital/Alit) - Real Estate -

julesomar

I'm seeing plenty of listings coming on Craigslist for this bldg so I gather occupancy is imminent?

That being said, can someone clarify if there is an industry (or legal) standard as to whether advertised square footage may include balcony space? I see in this bldg that the official headline sq. ft. numbers do include the balconies, which are generally substantial.

Miscreant

Here's a clip of the interior.

Cecconi Simone is destroying a lot of layouts in these new condos. Massive kitchen islands and tiny living/dining rooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXHjrbDBwrI
Interesting. Not horrible, but not great either. Those support beams in the dining area--I found them really intrusive. That'd be a deal breaker for me.

TheKingEast

that living room is microscopic for a 2bdrm. Maybe a 1bdrm.
This is more of a Cecconi Simone issue it seems. From X, X2, Charlie and now Nicholas...their kitchens take up a lot of space from the LR/DR. Some kitchens just shouldn't have islands but it seems they use the same size island in every unit. Whether it's a big 2 bedroom or a tiny den. Probably my biggest pet peeve about them.

Tewder

I'd feel like I was living in a kitchen. Where would you even put a tv screen? table?

NBGtect

Agreed! When I saw the video I thought what a nice kitchen. Then I realized, that includes the living/dining room. What a complete joke. It really is horrendous and unliveable. Eliminating the island would have helped a tad. This is just embarrassing, Urban Capital.