News   Apr 19, 2024
 724     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 638     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

At this point, Joe Pantalone looks like the smartest guy in the room. Good for him for sticking in there. If progressives are looking for someone to tar and feather, it should be Team Smitherman.

Ford voters will get what they deserve. The rest of us, unfortunately, are going to be dragged along.

Well... We're going to have to make sure Ford does not screw up this city. It's going to be a tough 4 years, but we'll get through@!

Way back in the '80s in undergrad, I heard this many times -- there are two types of voters, strategic and committed. Those who are committed find the strategic voters insane, and vice versa. Looks like you married across the divide!

We've elected a mayor who campaigned on hate and anger. We deserve the city we get.

Toronto has elected a fat, lying, homophobe with no notion of city building, no ability to work with others. I look forward to the day I leave this city I once loved. Over and out.

Toronto has elected a fat, lying, homophobe with no notion of city building, no ability to work with others. I look forward to the day I leave this city I once loved. Over and out.

What does his weight have to do with anything?

Seems like Ford's numbers are somewhat decreasing now that the downtown polls are coming in. Atleast he won't have a 50% +1 mandate.

Ford elected.

Right-on..
e5000533.gif

Can the melodrama. The City has survived bad leaders before. We'll survive this.

True, there are many things he may not be able to have an impact on. 4 years is a long time though, and I'm sure he could do quite a bit of damage. The wrong path could set the city back for decades in some regards.

We've elected a mayor who campaigned on hate and anger. We deserve the city we get.

A quote that needs to be framed on city hall. I cannot think of a big, important city that has elected such a joke for a mayor recently. Next time someone wants to make fun of the Tea Party loyal, let us remember who Toronto just elected. It cannot be a bigger embarrassment, especially considering the margin of victory. Working for projects in small-town municipalities, I've seen a lot of nonsense and incompetence in local councils, but nobody was quite like Ford. He now represents the biggest city in Canada. I'm frankly just glad that I'm not living in the city anymore, but I am ashamed as a former resident.

Back