News   Jul 17, 2024
 79     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 705     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 611     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Yeah, too bad Rob Ford, F. Nuz and DMwong aren't running. And why aren't Stintz in the race? You would think that getting voice coaching out of the taxpayer's pocket should lead to some suitably grandiose ambitions, no? Even then Barbara Hall didn't have the gall to do that, and that's a "tax and spend" lefty for you.

AoD

I hope my Councillor (Raymond Cho) decides to retire as well!

Neethan Shan, a school board trustee from just across the border in Markham, is planning to run in that ward. I've heard good things about him, and he should be a credible challenger to Cho.

In other happy news for refreshing council, Case Ootes in East York won't be running again.

The NDP will be gunning for that seat bad. Ootes' is the only non-NDPer to hold any public office in Toronto-Danforth, and you know the Dippers want the full sweep.

Too bad.

I really don't trust Smitherman. Friends in the provincial government don't speak too highly of him.

Yup, in this morning's online Star, sources say Tory won't run. If these reports turn out correct, this can only be good news. I just have the feeling deep in my bones (no real proof) that Tory would have played to the suburban pro-car, pro-highway crowd. In other words, dull, dull, and more dull, and more than a tad careless with our environment.

I'd like to see someone who will continue Miller's work on the waterfront, and who takes an even stronger pro-transit attitude. Miller's Transit City is smart to a large degree, but I'm still of the opinion that more high capacity transit is needed.

Back