News   Jul 25, 2024
 556     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 608     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 477     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Hey, they kept re-electing Edward Kennedy ...

Well, yeah, and I don't really think Bryant's political career needs to be over, but nobody (I hope) was voting for Ted Kennedy because of the tough stance he took against the rise of feminism.

Drivers will vote for him because he was involved in a tragic altercation with a cyclist that led to the cyclist's death?

The drivers in this city really hate cyclists. So in a word, yes. All Bryant has to do is run on a platform to dismantle all the bikes paths and get all the bicycles off the streets and he'd win hands down. No contest.

It's an ignorant unenlightened platform. But this is Toronto. And ignorant unenlightened platforms almost always succeed here.

The drivers in this city really hate cyclists. So in a word, yes. All Bryant has to do is run on a platform to dismantle all the bikes paths and get all the bicycles off the streets and he'd win hands down. No contest.

It's an ignorant unenlightened platform. But this is Toronto. And ignorant unenlightened platforms almost always succeed here.

You have an incredibly negative outlook on your life in Toronto. Maybe you should see someone? Like a therapist or an ice cream vendor or a drug dealer? I don't know.

lol...hilarious. i'm here tripping on LSD laughing my ass off at that. no offense...but come on. there are many in-betweens...yes, toronto is a corporate city, but there is a burgeoning community of people that want to help make this city more liveable...change is slow.

Yeah, it's a bit much. There are tons of people who drive cars who also use bikes. There are also cyclists who spend considerable time as pedestrians. Better to identify idiot drivers, cyclists and pedestrians by their actions and not by some assumed precise category.

Sadly Mystic Point has a precedent about local candidates running on "ignorant unenlightened platforms". There was this guy who ran for mayor who based the bulk of his candidacy on opposing an already contracted for bridge to a tiny airport which had very little impact on the city but had the potential to generate disproportionate economic benefits. I wonder what his right wing equivalent would campaign on/against?

Speaking of George Smitherman, almost nothing is known about him.

When you check his listing on Wiki, you come up empty handed.

No idea where he went to school, if he went to school, what he majored in, what his credentials are for doing anything. Zip.

He is an enigma.

In the mean time, I can't see a delusional publicity hound like John Tory taking a seat at back on the bus for a dandy like Smitherman; especially when John knows minorities would never vote for an avowed homosexual.

After his recent fall from grace in provincial politics, John is just itching to get back in the limelight. And the Mayors office looks pretty good. Way more power and publicity than being Premier of a dying rust belt like Ontario.

Ah the roar of the crowd. The smell of the grease paint.

I see John Tory making a comeback. And going head to head with Michael -- I'm completely innocent -- Bryant in a dramatic battle for the primo office at 100 Queen Street West.

Last edited:
You have an incredibly negative outlook on your life in Toronto. Maybe you should see someone? Like a therapist or an ice cream vendor or a drug dealer? I don't know.

Currently I am seeing all three. And all three agree; my insights are illuminating as opposed to negative.

In the mean time, I can't see a delusional publicity hound like John Tory taking a seat at back on the bus for a dandy like Smitherman; especially when John knows minorities would never vote for an avowed homosexual.
Surely we shouldn't be encouraging candidates based on inexcusable bigotry. Besides, such bigotry seems overstated ... if gay Conservatives MPs can get elected, I don't think it's going to have much impact in Toronto.

lol...

George Smittermen attends dozens of immigrant events that I have been to and he is warmly received...

:rolleyes:

Pfft in a dirty cesspool like Toronto, whose streets are rapidly becoming scenes straight out of early-90s RWANDA and whose people are spineless SHEEPLE who can't dance and only care about where their next STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCE is coming from, the next mayoral race will probably come down to a three-way contest between Victor Von Doom, the "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase and Hitler's brain brought back to life and put into the body of an 800-pound GORILLA.

Two of the most minority-dominant neighbourhoods in town--Thorncliffe and Flemingdon--are represented by avowed homosexuals provincially *and* federally; indeed, they were Don Valley West's strongholds for support of said candidates...

Two of the most minority-dominant neighbourhoods in town--Thorncliffe and Flemingdon--are represented by avowed homosexuals provincially *and* federally; indeed, they were Don Valley West's strongholds for support of said candidates...

Rob Oliphant has the support of his riding, but his riding alone does not a city make.

Unless George Smitherman can pull a Harvey Milk -- and he may -- he's going to face a lot of opposition.

Back