News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 958     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 361     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

I would rather have a "racist" as mayor who is actually going to stop wasteful spending on useless programs nad projects rather than a gay guy who has a history for blowing money. I don't know how peopel see otherwise. Peopel are so concerned with diversity and all these multi-culturalist events when the fact of the matter is that; we have enough of this, it is already a part of our city and we don't more. Focus on the real issues: wasteful spending at city hall. Smitherman as mayor = another David Miller.

Why do you spell "peopel" twice?

For some info on who it was that came out to the advanced polls, here are the five highest turnout wards:
*4 - Etobicoke Centre
*16 - Eglinton Lawrence
*25 - Don Valley West
*2 - Etobicoke North
*18 - Davenport

^ Can somebody analyze how that would pertain vis-a-vis Ford friendly or anti-Ford wards?

Obviously Etobicoke North is pro-Ford. What about the rest?

#4: Luby endangered by Campbell?

#16: disgruntlement at Stintz?

#25: either a more fiery Jenkins/Robinson race than expected, or simply higher turnout in the most affluent ward (though #4 and #16 are pretty affluent, too)

#2: native-son Ford bandwagon, presumably

#18: post-Giambrone

If I told you that I was looking to get employed by the City of Toronto (whether it be as a garbage man, construction or parks and rec) or a public service such as the TTC, which candidate would be the best choice in keeping these options open?

For some info on who it was that came out to the advanced polls, here are the five highest turnout wards:
*4 - Etobicoke Centre
*16 - Eglinton Lawrence
*25 - Don Valley West
*2 - Etobicoke North
*18 - Davenport
Is the data anywhere? 4 suburban wards. We may be in trouble here ...

I haven't been following the other races but it's safe to say that Doug Ford will win his brother's seat right? I actually think that Doug is a "better" Ford. He seems very intelligent and articulate. Aside from his policies, which are just as anti-Toronto as his brother's, I think he'll make a better councillor than Rob did. If Rob Ford becomes Mayor, I Toronto will end up with our own version of Bush-Cheney, with the senior Ford being the brain of the operation.

5 lowest turnout:
*20 - Trinity-Spadina
*28 - Toronto Centre
*11 - York-South Weston
*14 - Parkdale
*33 - Don Valley East

Is the data anywhere? 4 suburban wards. We may be in trouble here ...

Not necessarily nfitz. We've learned that Ford voters are going to always be Ford voters. Nothing was holding them back from going to the advance polls. The downtown wards, which are traditionally more progressive have been making up their minds. This is good news if you're Smitherman and you want Pantalone's soft votes. It means that they didn't cast their votes yet and can still be influenced by the latest polls which threatens an immanent Ford win. It also suggests that those 18% undecideds may be downtown, unlikely to go for Ford.

Not necessarily nfitz. We've learned that Ford voters are going to always be Ford voters. Nothing was holding them back from going to the advance polls. The downtown wards, which are traditionally more progressive have been making up their minds. This is good news if you're Smitherman and you want Pantalone's soft votes. It means that they didn't cast their votes yet and can still be influenced by the latest polls which threatens an immanent Ford win. It also suggests that those 18% undecideds may be downtown, unlikely to go for Ford.

It could also suggest that voting is going to be way up in the suburbs, including on Monday, whereas the opposite could be true for downtown considering the poor choices for a progressive voter.

allowing Ford to paint Smitherman as hiding something by not revealing his donors list is a really stupid move by the Smitherman campaign. If they knew Ford was releasing his donors list, they should have done the same.
I agree that was a really dumb move.

Transit is not a proponent of transit, pure and simple.
Don't vote for Transit!!!

*4 - Etobicoke Centre
*16 - Eglinton Lawrence
*25 - Don Valley West
*2 - Etobicoke North
*18 - Davenport
Mostly suburban wards. That's a plus for Ford. If advance polling is really up 82%, that tells me there are a lot more angry voters in this election, and Ford has them pretty well locked up.

It could also suggest that voting is going to be way up in the suburbs, including on Monday, whereas the opposite could be true for downtown considering the poor choices for a progressive voter.

^ It could. I just think that if a record number of surburban voters have already cast their ballot then they are under represented in the 18% of undecided. That's a very safe assumption. So if the downtown wards carry most of the weight in those undecideds and since downtown is more likely to vote Smitherman, we can assume that George has the most to gain from those 18%.

I'm cautiously optimistic by the turnout distribution.

Back