News   Jul 09, 2024
 201     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 446     0 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

I would argue that Square One today is pretty good-looking on the inside (after the reno two years ago). On the outside it's quite brutal though.

You people clearly have not been to Square One in a while. It's pretty awesome inside now.

Got this from Sherway Garden's newsletter:

Sherway is pleased to announce the arrival of some exciting new retailers over the next few weeks and months, as well as the re-opening of some Sherway favourites. Watch for a brand new Shoppers Drug Mart - now located between Door 7 & The Bay - with a Grand Re-Opening scheduled for June 26th. And on July 9th we welcome the much anticipated Sephora to Sherway - located between Sherway Square and Door 7. David's Tea and M for Mendocino will open this summer as well. And watch for Scotch & Soda this August and Aeropostale this fall. There's lots of shopping excitement happening at Sherway!

Yeah, I'm sick of everything getting sized-up for super-sized North Americans. There are definitely enough Asians and generally fit people to support more reasonable clothing sizes.

Amen! I can either get clothing for people who are taller than I am or fatter than I am. Pants are the worst--I can't get anything smaller than 30x30 in regular pants.

in eaton centre r they putting the victoria secret across from abercrombie and fitch in the former: suzy shier, la senza and baby gap locations? also does anybody think they should get rid of collacut, motherhood maternity (or renovate maternity store) and get rid of pretty much every single one of those ugly looking stores across from hollister?
alsooooo lol they should put a pink in the collacut spot and motherhood maternity spot although it may not be a big enough spot...

You people clearly have not been to Square One in a while. It's pretty awesome inside now.

Got this from Sherway Garden's newsletter:

Last week not recent enough for you ? :)

All the major malls in the GTA - Yorkdale / Farview / Square One have been renovated lately - SCC is underway ... all I meant to say I find it underwhelming compared to the first two.

btw clearly I'm talking about the design - Square one is huge compared to Farview ... although the new ciniplex at Farview is really nice - anyone else checked this out? It's not heavily used yet and the seats are really nice!

although the new ciniplex at Farview is really nice - anyone else checked this out? It's not heavily used yet and the seats are really nice!

The theatre is a big improvement from the original Silvercities in terms of style and colours. Cineplex have recently switched to a different cinema seating manufacturer.

Last edited:
It seems like Roots has relocated many of it's stores into smaller digs recently. Last year it was at Bayview Village, earlier this year, Square One made way for Victoria's Secret, and just over the last few days Erin Mills moved out of it's spot. I heard a rumour a BCBG was taking it's spot, but I don't suppose anyone knows for sure?

too bad eaton centre cant really expand anywhere else right now, it should go another floor up if they could but i doubt that would ever happen and does anybody else think that sherway is missing everything?
it seems so small now and not many stores in it lots are missing: pink, VS, urban outiftters, anthropologie, H&M, Zara, Stylesense maybe even and like forever 21 plus a whole lot of other stores...

I actually love that Sherway doesn't have those stores, but I expect you and I are different generations. :)

too bad eaton centre cant really expand anywhere else right now, it should go another floor up if they could but i doubt that would ever happen and does anybody else think that sherway is missing everything?
it seems so small now and not many stores in it lots are missing: pink, VS, urban outiftters, anthropologie, H&M, Zara, Stylesense maybe even and like forever 21 plus a whole lot of other stores...

Hey, I agree and I emailed Cadillac Fairview (twice) to find out why the Eaton Centre is not expanding (instead of just renovating) and what plans they have for Sherway but unsurprisingly, they did NOT respond to either of my emails. I've found this to be the case in Toronto no matter who I contact - I've contacted Bloor-Yorkville BIA, Church Street BIA, and even The Bay (regarding the Queen and Bloor store upgrades) but I've not received any response from any of them (not even generic ones). :(

I'm confused. H&M and Zara have been at TEC for years and Victoria's Secret is opening next month. There is a Forever 21 across the street and an Urban Outfitters not too far away.

oops sorry i meant to say a lot of those stores for sherway ahah, but still eaton centre is missing a lot of stores from the mall either way... including anthropologie which is farther away in yorkville and other more upscale retailers as well...

Back