News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

well i dont know abt it being a 100% leased, Cotton ginny closed up, pj's pet centre is gone,but hopefully they'll be replaced with better shops.

There was a post in some other thread in the retail section showing the mall was 100% leased, at least at that point in time.

Looks like Yorkdale Mall will be getting a Burberry store by Fall 2009...

I don't think there's one at Yorkville?

Eaton Centre: Esprit is moving again, this time to level 3, next door to the new Bath & Bodyworks (opening this Spring). Fairweather was in the location previously.

I hope so. There is a huge photo of a man and a woman on the window wrap of the store - but that may not mean anything.

Not so much a mall *retail* thing, but I noticed to my surprise today that the the Sears/ex-Eatons-end garage at Sherway has vanished--I suppose some combination of structural, personal safety, and retail-demand reasons explains that. An unsightly concrete "gangplank" leading from the second level to the ghost of the garage remains. (Didn't check the Bay/ex-Simpsons end.)

Maybe it's also a measure of how traditional department stores have gone from the busiest parking hubs to the deadest ones in a generation...

Not so much a mall *retail* thing, but I noticed to my surprise today that the the Sears/ex-Eatons-end garage at Sherway has vanished--I suppose some combination of structural, personal safety, and retail-demand reasons explains that. An unsightly concrete "gangplank" leading from the second level to the ghost of the garage remains. (Didn't check the Bay/ex-Simpsons end.)

Maybe it's also a measure of how traditional department stores have gone from the busiest parking hubs to the deadest ones in a generation...

The garage demo was being done to make room for a Whole Foods.

It was even announced by Whole Foods.

However, this may be on hold as Sears was unimpressed by what was being done to its parking, and I think the whole thing went back to the drawing board. Not sure though.

Whole Foods has since taken the store off its 'public' website.

However, this may be on hold as Sears was unimpressed by what was being done to its parking, and I think the whole thing went back to the drawing board. Not sure though.

Now, that's weird, locationally--how was it to be accessed from the rest of the mall, unless plans were afoot for Sears as well...

Because CF would be so inept as to tear down the parking lot and give it to Whole Foods without Sears' consent. I don't think so.

Back