News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 398     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 990     1 

New rides at Wonderland

At the 1:50 mark you can see an alleged footing which would be in preparation for a ground based launch coaster which would take out the possibility of most B&Ms (especially invert, flying or wing). There is still space left just to the right of the future track for maintenance purposes, but this is huge news! I'm looking forward to seeing a new manufacturer in the park.

Now we need to find out which location the station the ride will start out at and if it'll just be a spike up the mountain or a full-circuit track going around the mountain and out towards the SkyFlyer plot.
If we're ruling out b&m models I really hope its something built by mack rides. Praying for a launched extreme spinner.

If we're ruling out b&m models I really hope its something built by mack rides. Praying for a launched extreme spinner.

I'd like a Vekoma Firestorm multilaunch model with a custom layout like the one in Vietnam, but an extreme spinner would be quite enjoyable as well.

I'd like a Vekoma Firestorm multilaunch model with a custom layout like the one in Vietnam, but an extreme spinner would be quite enjoyable as well.
A new Vekoma model would be amazing. I just wonder if cedar fair/six flags will take the chance to work with them.

It could be Mack Rides or even Intamin. Intamin currently does not have any roller coasters in Canada's Wonderland, though Mack Rides manufactured The Fly in Canada's Wonderland.
well technically the fly and thunder run are both mack coasters, but I get what you mean. wonderland doesn't have a modern thrill ride from either company.

Not exactly a new ride.........and the work below is not by any means a precise plan of where things are headed.............but since its being publicly circulated now, I think some of you might enjoy having a look.

This is concept art ( a rendering) that was commissioned by Canada's Wonderland back in 2021.

1709648000687.png

The source is the artist, Andrew Tremelling who published it on his insta account: trem.arch_illustrator

For reference, you're looking west from Jane towards the 400; and yes, Yukon Striker was omitted.

What you see here should not be understood as a near-term, specific plan, but should serve to instruct on the scale of what's being contemplated.

York region is asking that subway come up tot he hospital and they just constructed a bus terminal at the north end of the site. There is no high rise condos shown in this concept along Jane street.. That's the reason for the sad face

The concept, and its only that, we're some distance from the general idea being rolled out, completely eliminated surface parking at Canada's Wonderland, with parkades/underground lots replacing same. I see that as a huge step forward.

There is expanded year-round use contemplated, including hotel/resort space.

There is nothing in the concept that precludes some form of long-term residential; though Wonderland will be cautious w/that, because if they sell the land, its not theirs anymore, and if they build purpose-built rental, it will be subject to legislative protections that may make repurposing those sites off-limits.

The Skyflyer is officially taken down as well as the multi-faith building is getting taken down on top of a few other buildings in the Alpen area.

The rendereing looks interesting, but they'll need a lot more parking than a three storie parking garage in order to host everything they've drawn on here... and I hope the architecture is better in this rendering if it were to be built, it looks depressing as is.

But I could see them bringing in a hotel on-site as well as an indoor entertainment venue and prehaps sidewalk level shops and restaraunts... it would make a lot more money than renting the space out to car dealerships during their offseasons.

The concept, and its only that, we're some distance from the general idea being rolled out, completely eliminated surface parking at Canada's Wonderland, with parkades/underground lots replacing same. I see that as a huge step forward.

There is expanded year-round use contemplated, including hotel/resort space.

There is nothing in the concept that precludes some form of long-term residential; though Wonderland will be cautious w/that, because if they sell the land, its not theirs anymore, and if they build purpose-built rental, it will be subject to legislative protections that may make repurposing those sites off-limits.
yes removing the surface parking is a large step forward. Lets just say it couldn't get much worse. I support and like the idea of Canadas wonderland in the winter. Lets get some indoor Go Charting 😂 . but was just hoping for some better future planning for condos. like a little more Grass area along Jane street for future condos / retail .
The Skyflyer is officially taken down as well as the multi-faith building is getting taken down on top of a few other buildings in the Alpen area.

The rendereing looks interesting, but they'll need a lot more parking than a three storie parking garage in order to host everything they've drawn on here... and I hope the architecture is better in this rendering if it were to be built, it looks depressing as is.

But I could see them bringing in a hotel on-site as well as an indoor entertainment venue and prehaps sidewalk level shops and restaraunts... it would make a lot more money than renting the space out to car dealerships during their offseasons

2 parking structures and a surface employee parking .

Parking.JPG

The rendereing looks interesting, but they'll need a lot more parking than a three storie parking garage in order to host everything they've drawn on here.

Even back then, underground parking was also contemplated.

.. and I hope the architecture is better in this rendering if it were to be built, it looks depressing as is.

I would hope so too, but at the time this was done, they were really more at a massing/conceptualizing stage than an architecture stage.

But I could see them bringing in a hotel on-site as well as an indoor entertainment venue and prehaps sidewalk level shops and restaraunts... it would make a lot more money than renting the space out to car dealerships during their offseasons.

You've got the right idea, there were/are a few other ideas being bounced around.

You've got the right idea, there were/are a few other ideas being bounced around.

I know about the indoor waterpark they've communicated with Vaughn about and wouldn't be suprised if the retail "downtown" comes into fruition as well as a new performance center... but with all of that there would need to be more parking than whats on the rendering. As long as they don't box themselves in for future park coaster developments I'm happy.

Would you happen to know what that water area by the Ampitheatre land is supposed to be?

Back