News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 751     0 

New look for the Victoria Park subway station (Brown and Storey)

What exactly is 'glazing' ? is it some type of shiny concrete, or material? Sorry i don't know much about materials and these terms.

It would be great if they opened up on time for the work being done on this station. I was there on Saturday and their were some contractors there doing some work- it was a concrete cutting contractor. The concrete for that the buses will dock on has been poured. It looks as though the project is coming along nicely. I don't have too much time to check on it- usually on weekends I can check things out.

I checked out Victoria Park Station, this evening in the dark-only time I could spare this week from work and other commitments but the progress is coming along this station's modernization. They have the concrete poured along the long stretch of the bus bays from Denton Ave. to the new station itself- they already had the Victroria to east end of Station poured. Also when I went inside the station the area where the old Albion Street exit/entrance and you can see through the old glass divider and see the new glass partition that will be next to the bus bays. It looks like this will be part of the sheltered area to wait for connecting buses someday soon.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the new bus bays getting used instead of out on the street. Any word on when this station is going to open?

Here are the photo's I shot on Monday and some real big changes since Dec visit.

The glazing is taking it sweet time been install that the flashing is missing
for what has installed.

My comments are on the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epEEDALlIwk

Crowd flow at bus stops

I got a long handwritten (!) letter from a reader concerned about poorly-thought-out arrangements for riders boarding buses at VicPark. I must say I was inclined to take the writer's word, having seen lousy signage and questionable choices made by TTC at other temporary boarding locations.

How is the setup currently, and can much be done to simplify line-ups and passenger movement, especially in peak periods?

I got a long handwritten (!) letter from a reader concerned about poorly-thought-out arrangements for riders boarding buses at VicPark. I must say I was inclined to take the writer's word, having seen lousy signage and questionable choices made by TTC at other temporary boarding locations.

How is the setup currently, and can much be done to simplify line-ups and passenger movement, especially in peak periods?

First, the stair to the roof is for the non public and again another not well thought out item for the station, let alone the entrance.

There is nothing that can be done for the #24 Vic bus as the walkway is too narrow and in the wrong place. Since it a northbound bus, that where it has to be.

Signage has been non existing from day one and still is today as to where the buses are.

If you use the station all the time, you know what to do now. As a first timer, I have seen them walking all over the station looking for the buses that they finally had to asked ""Where Are The Buses??"

There are no signs up saying the Albion entrance is open for use and only a couple signs saying what the operation hours are. I even miss them considering I knew of them before going to the station. Not in my photo shots.

If TTC had built the south platform going down the driveway and not stopping where it did, it would had help in loading the 24.

TTC does a great job of shooting themselves in the foot for the temporary location placement, but most of all ""SIGNAGE!!!!"" at most places.

Communication is not TTC strong point or even the weak point since it is ""MISSING IN ACTION"".

Communication is not TTC strong point or even the weak point since it is ""MISSING IN ACTION"".

Definitely...wish they'd at least update the Victoria Park Station Modernization page saying what they're go to do through January to March.

The TTC posted the details for work throughout January to March

What to Expect from January to March, 2010:

-continuation of construction of the new bus terminal;
-continuation of work on the interior station finishes and elevators;
-closure of the pedestrian bridge from Crescent Town in order to reconstruct the north (main) entrance of the station and opening of a temporary at grade stairway adjacent to the pedestrian bridge;
-completion of installation of precast panel under the canopy structure in the new bus terminal;
-completion of the bus platform area; and
-completion of work on the sidewalk on the west side of Victoria Park Avenue.

Back