News   Aug 29, 2024
 912     3 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 479     1 

New Cumberland St. TTC entrance

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Here's a sneak peek at the new Cumberland St. entrance to the Bay subway. Looks like it should be open in about a month.

sation1.jpg

station2.jpg

station3.jpg

station4.jpg

I assume there's an elevator somewhere I can't see.

Looks great! I had no idea they were even doing this until a couple of months ago, when I was trying to find the entrance!

Looks nice, simple and durable - it should be the prototype for all TTC station exits.

Though the cast stone/bricky facing seems a little pretentious for a prototype--then again, it does, in its way, strike a very primevally early Parkin/TTC note.

Interesting, too, that they retained the white tile in the stair wells...

That's it?

They couldn't even have bothered putting in escalators or widened the stairwell?

its cute :p

That's it?

They couldn't even have bothered putting in escalators or widened the stairwell?

Hopefully the TTC has given up on escalators. They're not excactly proficient at keeping them running. They should stick with stairs.

Though the cast stone/bricky facing seems a little pretentious for a prototype--then again, it does, in its way, strike a very primevally early Parkin/TTC note.

Interesting, too, that they retained the white tile in the stair wells...

I'm glad they matched the green colour of the tiles above the original white tile to that of the platform strip.

The exterior was more to make it fit into the surroundings of Cumberland Park. The previous one was garish in comparison and was built when the park was just a parking lot. The project had nothing to do with improving accessibility, but just aesthetics, and it's done a good job at that so far, but as Wylie said, the signage will make or break it.

Back