News   Jul 15, 2024
 610     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 762     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 600     0 

Near Future Renders

. It's pretty true either way.

It sure is. I just went through the big picture update in the Absolute World thread and it really reinforces what is possible in condo design these days. The committees, sub-committees and design boards that came up with Trump should hang their heads in shame after seeing AW.

The committees, sub-committees and design boards that came up with Trump should hang their heads in shame after seeing AW.

I love AW, but it really only works in a location with long sightlines, where the shape can be appreciated. (I realize you may only be using it as a broader example of possibilities, however.)

Another angle of Trump. This time using one of Caltrane's photographs.
I had to add some sky and fudge the buildings on the side to fit Trump in. Sorry for distorting your original Cal.

4788388873_b3b2d687aa_b.jpg

Original courtesy Caltrane74 here on UT in the Trump thread http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?475-Trump-Tower-Toronto-(Talon-60ish-Zeidler)/page303

Original and render for comparison:

Attachments

• New Trump 000.jpg
    New Trump 000.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 333
  • New Trump 001h J.jpg
    New Trump 001h J.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
There was a post in the Trump thread AFTER I posted my South elevation render that shows the South wall. It's an old render of the 70 floor version, but it made me rethink my render.

It showed the granite rising higher on the South wall (I had a feeling I should have done that the first time) and it showed the balconies covered in granite. There were also many more setbacks on this facade.

So I took all that in to consideration and reworked my render. It may be closer to what we will see... Or then again maybe not! LOL

4792595210_a99baeded6_b.jpg

(Original courtesy Caltrane74 here on UT)

Last edited:
Traynor, that's pretty impressive work. Was that done in photoshop, 3D?

You are going to laugh at me... They asked the same question at SSC and this is how I truthfully answered...

I draw them with my hands and my very annoying laser mouse. (I miss my old ball-wheel mouse.)

Honestly, I have one of the top versions of Photoshop on my computer and I don't know how to use it, so I will tell you what I do...

I use MS Paint.

OK Stop laughing at me... it's true.

I import the picture I want to use into Paint and I start drawing on it with all the tools that MS Paint will allow. I copy and paste other sections of the building, if they are available, to fill in gaps and then draw the rest by hand.

It is very time consuming and often I am adding one pixel at at time to get the desired look. I have learned some pretty nifty tricks with Paint but it certainly has its limitations.

When I am fairly satisfied with the image in Paint I will then import it to Photoshop to do some final touches with the only few tools in PS I know how to use.... like blurring some lines or darkening an area or brightening it.

That's about it.

One day I'll learn how to use PS and do some real renders!

I don't even know what Photoshop 3D is!

Below is a partial step by step of the work for one of the Trump renders.View attachment 4475View attachment 4476View attachment 4477View attachment 4478View attachment 4479View attachment 4480View attachment 4481

Attachments

• Trump from King and Bay Original.jpg
    Trump from King and Bay Original.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 345
  • Trump from King and Bay 001.jpg
    Trump from King and Bay 001.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 351
  • Trump from King and Bay 003.jpg
    Trump from King and Bay 003.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 322
  • Trump from King and Bay 004.jpg
    Trump from King and Bay 004.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 322
  • Trump from King and Bay 005.jpg
    Trump from King and Bay 005.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 343
  • Trump from King and Bay 007 B.jpg
    Trump from King and Bay 007 B.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 332
  • Trump from King and Bay 007 Bb.jpg
    Trump from King and Bay 007 Bb.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
wow, that's crazy! Great work and patience! :)

But doing it this way will likely make any tower look taller then it should - if you go by the floor count and cut / paste - you can tell in your pic most of the floors look like they're the exact height - but the higher up ones should appear smaller the higher up they get.

Still great!

^ Actually the height is bang on compared to Scotia Plaza. I use a grid technique on the original photograph that gives me the final height of the tower using the perspective of the photograph I am drawing on.

In Trump's case the higher floors are actually going to be much taller between floor plates, but I will admit I made the penthouse floors a little too high but that means I made the lower floors too low.

In the instance of this render, everything above the construction hoarding in the original photo was drawn by me and not "Cut and Paste", so the scaling of the floors is to be blamed on me and not the perspective shift as one goes higher.

One thing I will stand by... Even if all the rest of the render is a piece of crap and way off base... The height is usually exactly right.

:)

You are going to laugh at me... They asked the same question at SSC and this is how I truthfully answered...

I don't even know what Photoshop 3D is!

Good stuff Traynor. I was asking if you use Photoshop or do it in 3D. No such thing as "Photoshop 3D". Seriously, you really should spend some time learning more Photoshop. If you're getting these kinds of results predominantly in MS Paint, once you learn some of the intracacies of Photoshop you'll really be able to achieve some great results. Spend the time to learn it and I guarantee that after a short time you'll be saving yourself a lot of time and frustration vs MS Paint.

^ Thanks cassius. I know you are right about Photoshop but I don't have the manual for it anymore, since I moved here. It was as thick as a phone book and scared me anyways. I used to use it to level my desk. LOL

I'm no spring chicken anymore and learning new things means other things fall out of my head. Like remembering how to drive a car... However, I wonder if there is a Photoshop course I could take somewhere?

Back