Nautilus Condos (Monarch Group) - Real Estate -

Hey does anyone know if Nautilus is registered yet and if not when it will be registered? I am looking to buy re-sale in the building (lots on mls) and don't want to be hit with the additional fees when the building becomes registered. Thanks!

Its not registered yet; spoke to the builder and they said everything is complete from their end they're basically waiting on the city now

Alright thanks for the update. Last I heard it was supposed to be end of July but guess that didn't happen! Pls let me know if you find out. Thanks!

As of a couple weeks ago, the building was registered. All residents took occupancy between Oct 15 - 19

For those that haven't moved in yet, occupancy will immediately take place when the unit is ready

On a side note; Rabba Foods has been confirmed as the retail anchor for the building . . . after a quick phone call to the Rabbba head office, they told me it should be opened within 6months. Not sure on the exact size; I know Monarch had a 16,000 sq ft space available; but it looks like they broke it down into two or three more units

That retail area on the north side baffles me. Why is the floor below ground and the doors on the ground level?

Also, what did Monarch give you guys as a gift? :p

That retail area on the north side baffles me. Why is the floor below ground and the doors on the ground level?

Also, what did Monarch give you guys as a gift? :p

I have no idea - I was wondering the same thing actually

We got a Tassimo Coffee Maker with some glass mugs and a tray. They also gave us a little bag with some cleaning supplies, touch up paint and a brush or two

Someone mentioned a grocery store apparently had a deal with Monarch and then jetted in a flash, because lack of parking? I think its stated somewhere here about a Rabba opening eventually too.

Nice gift you guys got from Monarch! I know we essentially pay for it, but gifts are always appreciated :) Here's hoping we'll get the same for Waterscapes. Pemberton gave us a lousy plastic small tool set and some green cleaning supplies.

Heard there was a fire alarm at nautilus last night and a full scale evacuation of the building. Anybody know what actually happened?

Funny how I was walking to see an update on Waterscapes when this occurred. The area was chaotic with fire trucks. From what I saw, a few condos down, there was a lot of smoke coming out of the main floor or underground. Afterwards, some help was called at Nautilus. I'm not sure why...

Funny how I was walking to see an update on Waterscapes when this occurred. The area was chaotic with fire trucks. From what I saw, a few condos down, there was a lot of smoke coming out of the main floor or underground. Afterwards, some help was called at Nautilus. I'm not sure why...

I can fill you guys in as to what happened

SO I settle in around 8pm and just clicked 'buy movie' on my bell fibe when the power goes out. Shortly after the fire alarm goes off; i didnt think much of it because its a pretty common occurance. It wasn't until the fire department came over the speakers and told every one to evacuate, 5 floors at a time. There was about 8 fire trucks and other smaller high rise units coming and going the hour and a half we were out there. (I found out later they were responding to the other fire about 5 condos down). We get back in around 10pm and we remained w/o power for the next 24 hours . . . . . yes, 24 hours people.

After much digging; I found out that there was a vault fire in the condo 5 doors down and it caused a surge in the system knocking out the power to most of the street. The surge basically fried the Nautilus generator and caused it to smoke up (hence the evacuation). They spent all day yesterday trying to repair and once they couldn't we recieved an emergency diesel generator.

So if you go by today you'll see an 18 wheeler parked outside the lobby giving power to the entire building

Fun stuff

Sorry to hear that.

I was wondering why there wasn't any electricity in your building. I'm sure the whole situation got some people to actually meet and converse with their neighbours.

Let me know if you need me to fill up a tank of diesel for your suite:p

ha ha thanks Josef

Rabba Confirmed

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M8V 1A1

Ward 6: Etobicoke-Lakeshore

Application#: 12 285965 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Nov 28, 2012

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to create grocery store in units 7 and 8 - RABA

Retail activity continued . . . .

Thanks! A great start to the area.

More retail amenties coming to the building - confirmed dry cleaner depot, lake shore dental is moving from the building across the street into nautilus, confirmed rabba as previously mentioned (already under construction) and a take out sushi bar.

Wondering how everyone made out during the storm this week. Heard some buildings downtown had bad flooding, how was it by the lake?

Back