News   Aug 14, 2024
 349     0 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 678     1 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 2.5K     3 

Music World To Close After Declaring Bankruptcy

Tower always had a few niche items in their dusty racks to justify fetching them only to overpay at the cash register. But all things considered, I won't miss them at all.

The shuffle out the door of Music World may start a tiny landslide, and/or open up several other doors as this door closes.

.​

Virgin Megastores are my favourite, especially the Times Square one. There are none in Canada as far as I know, but I wouldn't be opposed to them expanding here. I'd also like to see Tower Records back here, as they were another favourite of mine during my US travels.

Still, the best record shops are places like Soundscapes on College, Rotate This! on Queen West and other local shops with extensive collections of harder-to-find selections. But then again I'm apparently an indie snob, so I am predisposed to only shop at trendy places as unique and individual as I am.

Virgin Megastores are my favourite, especially the Times Square one. There are none in Canada as far as I know,

There was in Vancouver, in Semmens & Simpson's former Public Library--Virgin pulled out of here (and apparently out of Canada--remember they were originally slated for Metropolis/TLS) in 2005, it's now HMV...

And I'm presuming they're still kicking in Times Square, i.e. if they closed, we'd surely be hearing a lot about it...

I rarely buy DVDs from any of the local retailers, the only time I do is when there is a good sale. I have ordered a large number of DVDs over the last year or so - but always from Amazon.ca -- then Amazon.com when I noticed I can get them cheaper (even with having to pay for shipping).

I rarely buy DVDs from any of the local retailers, the only time I do is when there is a good sale. I have ordered a large number of DVDs over the last year or so - but always from Amazon.ca -- then Amazon.com when I noticed I can get them cheaper (even with having to pay for shipping).

I don't know if you use those price compare engines, but more often than not, Deep Discount is the cheapest place to order DVDs rather than Amazon.

Back